Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/16/2007, 10:00 AM   #1
bshumake
Registered Member

"Go Forward"

I got a really nice gift for my B-day Saturday. The Christopher Reeve Foundation has a thing going where you get a really nice dogtag and keychain of the superman symbol and the foundations motto "Go Forward" for donating to the cause of spinal cord research and treatment.
Yall should check it out when you get a chance. just google Go Forward.
Thanks,
B
P.S. If this is in violation of RC laws please remove it, although I really hope it isn't.

Current Tank Info: 90 Reef, 440W of T5, blah, blah
bshumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Zann
Registered Member

this is a good thing they are doing alot as for coming up with ways to help
my step sone got into a car wreck last sat and broke his t-1 and t-7 in his neck and back he is now with out feeling from his chest down.

Zann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2007, 05:27 PM   #3
MrRyanT
MrRyanT

Yes, is a very good thing and very sorry to hear about your son Zann, hope he recovers well and quickly.

Current Tank Info: 30 gal display
MrRyanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2007, 05:42 PM   #4
bshumake
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zann
my step sone got into a car wreck last sat and broke his t-1 and t-7 in his neck and back he is now with out feeling from his chest down.
T1 and T7. Man, its incredible that he made it through that. I have two friends with partial paralysis and their both adjusted well to their status. I believe one was a T12 and my best friend's are L4 and L5. Its gonna be tough on him with the physical therapy ahead but he'll be better for it. My friend Chris (L4, L5) was told he would never walk and he's been using one crutch to get around now for many years. Walking just fine (different center of balance so its not perfect but it an't stopping him) and he and his wife recently had a baby. Now that one was special cause that wasn't suposed to happen either!

Current Tank Info: 90 Reef, 440W of T5, blah, blah
bshumake is offline   Reply With Quote