Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/15/2010, 02:50 AM   #26
ChRiS45
Registered Member

What works for me is to wait until late at night, early morning lights off of course, then when i decide to get ready to go in the tank i turn the lights on, sometimes the fish float out from the rocks within a few minutes totally asleep and are very easy to net when their in the open.
Worked for me several times and most recently my very large very aggressive orange line chromis.

Current Tank Info: 72g reef 29g long sump/fuge, Vertex In-100
ChRiS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/15/2010, 02:51 AM   #27
ChRiS45
Registered Member

What works for me is to wait until late at night, early morning lights off of course, then when i decide to get ready to go in the tank i turn the lights on, sometimes the fish float out from the rocks within a few minutes totally asleep and are very easy to net when their in the open.
Worked for me several times and most recently my very large very aggressive orange line chromis.

Unread 12/01/2015, 07:46 PM   #28
TeXadillo
Registered Member

Massively helpful. After chasing my very aggressive gold damsel around my reef with food bait and a net for 4 days, I placed a bit of frozen food in a small glass jar and caught him in 10 minutes...of course after ensuring he was super hungry after those 4 days.

I put the jar on its side and faced the jar opening towards the aquarium glass just enough that he could slide in without other bigger fish finding their way in. The damsel started pecking at the jar knowing there is food inside. He found his way in and I ran towards my aquarium and put my hand against the outside of the aquarium and he wouldn't come out of the jar (even though he physically could, he stayed at the rear of the jar. Reached in, put the opening of jar against the glass and slid it up and out!!

The rest of my fish community cheered and applauded their fins as they could now live their lives peacefully.

TeXadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/27/2018, 11:43 AM   #29
Goldline
Registered Member

Go to any fly-fishing shop and purchase a small spool
Of 2 lb monofilament or fluorocarbon line, and a #16(NOT A 16/0) hook, tie it to a piece of 2 lb test. bait it with a tiny piece of frozen shrimp, and your damsel will be gone as soon as you get a bite(instantly). Tight lines!!!

-Capt Abie
Miami Beach, Fl

Goldline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2018, 10:52 PM   #30
reeefninja
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiS45 View Post
Thank you for the tip

reeefninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2018, 11:06 PM   #31
ChRiS45
Registered Member

Any luck?