Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/12/2019, 10:18 AM   #1
slief
RC Sponsor

Coming Soon! New Dreambox 3.0 Fleece STEP System With Customizable Sizes!

The new Dreambox 3.0 STEP System is a size customizable Dreambox filter system that features our state of the art fleece roller system and allows users to customize their sizes in 2 cm increments. There are two versions of the STEP System being released. One with an integrated ATO water tank and one without. These will be available fully optioned with skimmers, return pumps and media reactors for a complete turn key filtration system.

Like all Dreamboxes, the Dreambox 3.0 STEP Systems are constructed out of the highest quality PVC available. Every panel is cut on a high end CNC machine for exacting fitment. All seams are interlocking and both solvent and heat welded for uncompromised integrity and strength.

These are designed for smaller systems where space is constrained such as the Red Sea Reefers and other small to medium sized displays requiring more flexibility in the sump sizing.

Dreambox STEP Systems without the integrated ATO water tank can be custom sized in 2 cm increments starting at 50cm long x 42cm wide (front to back) up to a max of 70cm x 60cm.

Dreambox STEP Systems with the Integrated 25 liter water tank range from 70cm x 42cm up to 100cm x 60cm. Again, customizable in 2 cm increments in both length and width.

The Dreambox STEP systems will be offered with dual intakes into the sump including a 40mm and 32mm intake offering flexibility when using soft plumbing such as silicone or vinyl tubing. Adapters can be added for US sized PVC hard plumbing.

Options include:
Red, White and Black Hand Welded Seams
Cable Management
Controller Holders
Internal LED lighting
Integrated Media Reactors
Choice or Bubble King Protein Skimmer
And more.

More details on options and pricing to follow at Royalexclusiv.net

Dreambox 3.0 STEP System without integrated ATO tank

Dreambox 3.0 STEP System with integrated ATO tank

Dreambox 3.0 STEP System with integrated ATO tank

Optional Media Reactors

Optional integrated 25 Liter ATO tank and internal LED lighting

State of the art fully integrated automatic fleece filtration removes solids before they become dissolved virtually eliminating nutrient problems as well as detritus.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 05/12/2019 at 11:14 AM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2019, 11:10 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

As mentioned above, the Dreambox 3.0 STEP Systems (like all Dreamboxes) are constructed out of the highest quality PVC available. Every panel is cut on a high end CNC machine for exacting fitment. All seams are interlocking and both solvent and heat welded for uncompromised integrity and strength.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 05/15/2019, 09:43 AM   #3
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

First Customer with a Red Sea 250 and Royal-Exclusiv Step-Fleecedreambox include ATO ..

best regards

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-15 um 17.42.54.jpg (53.1 KB, 70 views)
Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/23/2019, 03:24 PM   #4
h3dgehog
Registered Member

Any chance the STEP sump can have a return section instead of just a single chamber design? This way salinity can be more effectively be managed?

Unread 05/23/2019, 10:08 PM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3dgehog View Post
Any chance the STEP sump can have a return section instead of just a single chamber design? This way salinity can be more effectively be managed?
The fleece compartment in the Fleece version of the Step takes up enough room that a dedicated return chamber in the smaller ones would make the return compartment too small. That said, the lack of a return compartment in the smaller ones will have no impact on salinity or an ATO. My sump in my system is 90 gallons. My refugium is 90 gallons for a total of 180 gallons. My return section maintains the same level as the rest of my sump but is at the end of the refugium. My ATO floats are in my main sump upstream from the refugium and my sump level never waivers nor does my salinity. The larger volume of the combined return section means a more stable and less turbulent return area so I don’t see a real downside. Now it’s possible that the larger Fleece Step Dreamboxes might accommodate a separate return compartment. I’d need to defer that onto Klaus but based on what I’ve seen thus far, the return compartment would end up being very small and turbulent if it were divided.

That said, there is also a filter sock variant of the Step. Not just the fleece version and that one does have a seperate return compartment since the intake compartment with the socks takes up less space than the fleece compartment.
https://royalexclusiv.net/en/dreambo...figurator.html

Unread 08/28/2019, 10:24 AM   #6
slief
RC Sponsor

And a couple pictures of our new Step Dreambox. This one was shown at Reefapalooza in California and has the integrated ATO tank. It also features the new Double Cone 150 DC, an RD5 25w return pump and an RD5 pump for the integrated media reactor.

The Step Dreamboxs are fleeced based are designed for smaller tanks like the Red Sea Reefers. These can be ordered in custom sizes.

Dreambox STEP Systems without the integrated ATO water tank can be custom sized in 2 cm increments starting at 50cm long x 42cm wide (front to back) up to a max of 70cm x 60cm.

Dreambox STEP Systems with the Integrated 25 liter water tank range from 70cm x 42cm up to 100cm x 60cm. Again, customizable in 2 cm increments in both length and width.

Unread 01/23/2020, 02:29 PM   #7
h3dgehog
Registered Member

Noticed that in Klaus' picture of one of the first vlies step sumps that the user placed two foam/sponge blocked by the return pump. I can only guess that this is because of micro bubbles from the skimmer being taken into the return pump and back to the display.

Can someone comment on whether this is a problem that is expected? Any updated from the user on whether the micro bubbles are still a problem?

Unread 01/23/2020, 04:15 PM   #8
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3dgehog View Post
Noticed that in Klaus' picture of one of the first vlies step sumps that the user placed two foam/sponge blocked by the return pump. I can only guess that this is because of micro bubbles from the skimmer being taken into the return pump and back to the display.

Can someone comment on whether this is a problem that is expected? Any updated from the user on whether the micro bubbles are still a problem?
Micro bubbles should not be an issue. Note that the skimmers effluent is located at the opposite side if the sump from the return intake so any micro bubbles should rise to the surface long before making it to the return pump, plus a properly sized and properly tuned skimmer should release very little if any micro bubbles as the proteins in the water cause the bubbles to stick together and rise to the neck of the skimmer. If there isn’t a proper load in the tank, then there won’t be sufficient proteins/dissolved organics to bind all the bubbles in which case there may be some micro bubbles but again, they should rise to the surface before making it around the skimmer, across the wall where the fleece compartment is to the opposite side of the sump where the return intake is More likely the person put the sponge filter in there to seed the tank with bacteria or add additional biological surfaces there.