Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/30/2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Eagleeyez5
Registered Member

The Eagle's Real 300g Aerie

So I have been debating whether or not my system would qualify as a Large Reef.

To explain, I have a 125 gallon main display that is connected to a 75 gallon frag tank, a 45 gallon holding tank, with a 55 gallon refuge. They are all on the same floor, with everything but the main tank in the fish room. So by the math, I have a 300 gallon system.

Well to remove all doubt as to whether I should be posting in this section, I got a 300 gallon display to replace my 125 that was beginning to overflow with corals.

SO I guess I can officially say that I am going to be a part of the Large Reef Tank club.

The tank I am setting up is 96 inches long, 30 inches tall and 24 inches wide. I currently have it sitting in front of the TV until I prep everything and tear down the 125.

The problem I am running into is that the 125 has so many corals in it, that I don't know where to put them until the switch has been made.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

What have any of you done in the past with a project like this?

Just sell everything and wait?

I am going to pack the frag tank to the rim, and then get some garbage cans for the rest, unless I hear a better idea.

Eagleeyez5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2009, 07:15 PM   #2
Eagleeyez5
Registered Member

So apparently my buddy had logged in on my comp and never logged out, so this will be the real thread for my 300 gallon build.

Unread 04/08/2009, 01:05 AM   #3
Eagleeyez5
Registered Member

So do I have to post pictures to get a response?

I have to give a huge shout out to John Hill and Aaron Ferre.....oh and lets not forget Courtney....They came to my rescue this weekend and helped keep me going in this very overwhelming hobby. Without them, I probably would have just thrown my hands up in the air and posted ALL of my fish stuff for sale..... So thanks for helping to keep this hobby fun for me. I really appreciate your friendship and support, and I cant say enough about the time you took away from your families to come 'PLAY FISH'...Thanks again.

anyway here are some pictures....and as you will see, I need to put more rock into the tank...

As you can see we used five 32 gallon garbage cans and the big water trough to do this move

Here is where the tank goes:

yeah it is big

I need to move more rock into this section

Center section, leaning against the back wall, and still needs about 8 inches to reach the top

Here is the right hand side, It has a big space behind it for the fish to swim around the pillar

And there is a channel between the two sections.