Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/10/2017, 08:27 AM   #1
MakomekTVN
Registered Member

Question about my RBTA

I have this RBTA for about 2 years it been through a lot of ups and downs. It the same size and never split, it won't move though I have place it in different area of the tank and seem to don't care where its at. I increase the light intensity in the last few weeks and anemone color is turn deeper red with green base but it won't expand as much as before, is this due to too much lighting? It was twice the size when the color is pink.

MakomekTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2017, 05:36 PM   #2
humphreyhh
Registered Member

It could be of the change on the light intensity. If he looks fine I won’t worry about it since anemone changes their shapes over time. Pictures can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Unicorn2093
Registered Member

Sounds like it’s a response to higher light intensity. They normally can adjust to quite high lightning as long as it is not happening too fast.
How much light is it recieving?

Unread 11/20/2017, 08:24 AM   #4
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

It is not too much light, it is just more light than what it was used to. And I guess it just loves your tank nomatter where it is at, great job!

It will expand more, making the colour more translucent to become transparent (to let light into it's tentacles and reach more zooxanthellae), if light is low & then collaps to its "natural" size during the night time cycle.

Do you keep a low nutrients or a zero nutrients setup?
I keep a LTA and it needs traces of nitrates and phosphates and I know many people keep zero nutrients setups for other corals.

Hmm, do you feed it?

Small Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote