Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 01/07/2008, 10:21 PM   #326
customanimalart
Registered Member

Well...
UPDATE! Only after nearly a week, the 2 paly polyps that were shrinking before my eyes have since opened up and are spreading their skirts out. Their stalks seem to be thickening up a bit as well. All of my other zoas are doing good and some are opening up further and looking "plumper."

I took pictures a couple of days ago, so when I see more of a comparison of change, I will post them. I just went from 225mg 2x/day to 500mg 2x/day. It seems that my Aiptasias like the C drug too. Man.!!! They are bad and getting bigger and spreading quickly. You will see them when I post my pics. I just wish they would shrivel up and DIE!

Current Tank Info: 55g reef, 12g QT, and 55g frag tank.
Unread 01/07/2008, 10:23 PM   #327
Pufferpunk
Moved On

Yes, unfortunately everything benefits here, my aptasias are HUGE!

Unread 01/07/2008, 10:51 PM   #328
RoyalEnchntrss
Registered Member

Oh great just what i needed to hear.. lol I have enough of an Aiptasia problem...

Unread 01/07/2008, 11:22 PM   #329
madadi
ReefOG

puffers aiptasia are like patio umbrellas!

LETS TRADE YUMAS

Current Tank Info: Glass box.
Unread 01/07/2008, 11:23 PM   #330
Pufferpunk
Moved On

No fair, you're supposed to have killed them for me!

Unread 01/07/2008, 11:38 PM   #331
RoyalEnchntrss
Registered Member

LOL WOW! I don't think mine are THAT big... I thought they were and then Ricky came over and said you think THOSE are big!? hahaha

Unread 01/08/2008, 01:25 AM   #332
madadi
ReefOG

you have to take the good in with the bad. the vitamin C is definitely helping the aiptasia as much as everything else. im going to try to smuggle out a real syringe from the hospital so you can inject the kalk past right inside the aiptasias!!!! im going to look for the syringes that they use to inject iron supplements. they are HUGE!

LETS TRADE YUMAS

Unread 01/08/2008, 02:17 AM   #333
Pufferpunk
Moved On

Yeah, it better have a big hole. So far they are still gone...

Unread 01/08/2008, 03:03 AM   #334
DaveJ
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by madadi
you have to take the good in with the bad. the vitamin C is definitely helping the aiptasia as much as everything else. im going to try to smuggle out a real syringe from the hospital so you can inject the kalk past right inside the aiptasias!!!! im going to look for the syringes that they use to inject iron supplements. they are HUGE!
Get yourself some Berghias....

Unread 01/08/2008, 08:24 AM   #335
Jeff
Registered Member

I have noticed that the fingers that I use to scoop the vitamins out of the bottle are getting bigger

GO PUFFY!

IWNFT343F

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine 20
Unread 01/08/2008, 08:47 AM   #336
rsteagall
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by revautosports
Ok I have a frag that's developing the fungus. It's been closed up for 4 days now. Started dosing yesterday so let see how it does. I'm starting with 500mg and it's a 20gal tank. Here is a pic of it.
[IMG]http://i9.*******.com/8210xlx.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i8.*******.com/6okv8ut.jpg[/IMG]
Too soon for any updates?

Unread 01/08/2008, 03:36 PM   #337
eyebedam
Is Sailing the Seas

How many pill would be needed for a 300 total water gallon system. 180 main tank & 120 between multiple sumps?

“I’ve always believed that America’s government was a unique political system — one designed by geniuses so that it could be run by idiots. I was wrong. No system can be smart enough to survive this level of incompetence and recklessness by the people charged to run it."

Thomas Friedman, NY Times

Current Tank Info: 180 Gal plumbed in the basement with 200 gal sump. Decided to go aggressive from this point on.
Unread 01/08/2008, 03:45 PM   #338
Jeff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eyebedam
How many pill would be needed for a 300 total water gallon system. 180 main tank & 120 between multiple sumps?
http://www.athiel.com/lib2/pguide/vitami1.html#howmuch

IWNFT343F

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine 20
Unread 01/08/2008, 06:22 PM   #339
cr8signs
Registered Member

Add me to the list. I just started dosing my 100 gal tank, 500mg morning and night, about 3 days now. My zoas had been closed up for weeks. Within 2 hours they were already opening! VERY slightly, but none the less, I could see some green color. They open more and more every day. Far from perfect yet, but definitly promising. What were the findings on the affects to fish? Could it be harmful? If so, in what amount does it become harmful? Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helpful to my hairy mushrooms, not yet anyway. But my sebae anemone is loving it.

Unread 01/08/2008, 06:51 PM   #340
madadi
ReefOG

fish make their own vitamin C so it cant be harmful. vitamin C is a water soluble so whatever the body cant absorbed it will just be eliminated. my fish colors look much deeper and their scales just look so smooth. welcome to the C club the Cool club lol

LETS TRADE YUMAS

Unread 01/08/2008, 07:22 PM   #341
Pufferpunk
Moved On

Everyone, please take "before" pics!

Unread 01/08/2008, 07:32 PM   #342
RoyalEnchntrss
Registered Member

I just got done doing that! Lets just hope I see loooots of good results. haha

Unread 01/08/2008, 08:20 PM   #343
cr8signs
Registered Member

One more thing, (after finally reading this COMPLETE thread),
pufferpunk, how does it feel knowing you have positively affected so many lives, and zoas, corals, fish, etc, etc.! Way to Go!!!! And thank you for pushing it to the point where we all just couldn't wait to try it. Thank you, thank you. And thanks to the chemist/reef geeks, (I believe I heard some one called this in a nice way of course) ,who just keep trying and testing all the new ways to add it, test it and verify their excellent findings. You help us all feel secure with all your extra efforts! Great thread!

Unread 01/08/2008, 09:12 PM   #344
mnestroy
Registered Member

We need to get some of he experts involved to get there feedback on this subject...

Randy Holmes-Farley (donno how to contact)
Boomer (I sent PM to invite to join in)
greenbean36191 (Sent PM)

Unread 01/08/2008, 09:57 PM   #345
TKByrnes
Registered Member

well my blues are all gone. I have been adding vit c for about 3 weeks now and it didnt save them. I did find out why though!! PODS!! Not sure what kind they are but they are about 1/4 inch. So I consulted my lfs guy and picked up a red coris wrasse. he is eating them up. sadly the blues are gone but I did pick up another frag of them and they are doing great. All of my other zoa's are doing incredibly well. nice and full and gaining more and more color every day. Im so glad I decided to read this thread!!! Thanks Puffer!

Current Tank Info: 90 gal mixed reef-55 gal sump-mag 9.5 return pump-10 gal frag tank 15 gal refugium. 2x 150 watt HQI outer orbit 4x pc actinic
Unread 01/08/2008, 10:40 PM   #346
Achapman
Premium Member

Yeah I hate pods. They destroyed a big colony I had. I made an eggcrate riser to get them away from the rock and that helped.

Current Tank Info: 180RR w/55g sump - ASD 8.2 Skimmer - 3 Lumenbright Larges with 12k Reeflux on Icecap ballasts.
Unread 01/08/2008, 11:34 PM   #347
Pufferpunk
Moved On

Sorry you lost them but glad you were able to find more so quickly. I bet the C made the pods tougher too, just like my superaptasia!

Does anyone have anemones in tanks that they are treating? It is probably just a coincidence but mine has decided to move behind the rockwork for a couple of days. It just so happens, he has been living under the flow of the SeaSwirl for a good year now & that's where the 1st of anything I dose, comes out of. I wonder if it's irritated? I would kind of doubt it though, since I've been dosing so long & this just happened. I can still see him & he isn't shrivled or anything, just hiding. I'd still like to hear from other anemone owners though.

Unread 01/08/2008, 11:48 PM   #348
Pufferpunk
Moved On

Just spoke to an anemone expert & she says it's probably just going to split soon, that's all. If there was to be any problems with my long-term dosing of the C, the clams would be showing some kind of stress too. They've never looked better!

Unread 01/09/2008, 12:46 AM   #349
LoudProudNPunk
Registered Member

sounds like a great idea, and with little to no negative effects so far im off to the drug store tomorrow.

Current Tank Info: Starting a 65 gal reef.
Unread 01/09/2008, 12:47 AM   #350
Pufferpunk
Moved On

Aha, another punker convinced!

Closed Thread