Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aqua Cave
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/03/2016, 07:28 PM   #1
cflow
Registered Member

Aquacave customer service... or lack thereof

I have to share my recent experience with aquacave. I purchased an ati fixture from them that came by ups damaged. It looked like the power plug for the fan was packaged directly down into the aluminum body of the fixture and someone stepped on it. Well, it had a huge dent in it as well as bent prongs for the fan power. They offered to supplement me with free ati bulbs or some cash back. I declined because I wanted kz bulbs. They paid for a return shipping label. A week and a half later, I received another fixture. Keep in mind I am only about a 4 hour drive from an ati distributer. The new fixture came packed the same way with a dent and the power prongs bent. Aqucave said all they can do is a 25% discount from ati. At this point I am beyond mad. They send me a new return label and I explain in very basic terms that they need to inspect the way it was packaged before usp kicks it to my door. I'm now awaiting a third fixture. I can say that I will NEVER buy from aquacave again.

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2016, 08:06 PM   #2
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Unfortunately in cases when product arrives damaged all we can do is to arrange for the replacement product to be shipped to you.
If you are not satisfied with this solution please call or email us and we will be glad to refund you in full.

Albert

Unread 03/03/2016, 09:12 PM   #3
cflow
Registered Member

If the third light is also damaged and "nothing else can be done", I will be taking my business elsewhere.

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2016, 05:12 PM   #4
ReeferSutherlnd
Registered Member

I've had nothing but bad experiences with aquacave so I took my business elsewhere as well. Hopefully this will warn other reefers, and maybe aquacave will wake up and actually care about customer service.

ReeferSutherlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2016, 05:26 PM   #5
ontop27
Registered Member

Ive been dealing with aquacave yrs and never had a bad experience. Once they accidentally sent me a wrong bulb, they shipped me out a new one and got to keep they old, plus thier shipping is super cheap

ontop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2016, 05:46 PM   #6
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Thank you guys for your feedback.

ReefSutherland,
Please let me know what type of bad experience you had with us.

Albert

Unread 03/29/2016, 07:08 PM   #7
gobble
Registered Member

I've had good experiences with Aquacave. They even let me swing by and pick things up same day.

gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2016, 04:21 PM   #8
usmc1812
Registered Member

Bought a MP60 QD and a ASM G4+ from them. Everything arrived perfectly no problems. Would definitely order from them again. Do you carry New Era pellets?

usmc1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2016, 04:33 PM   #9
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Thank you for your feedback USMC.
We do not carry New Era food at this time.

Albert

Unread 04/07/2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Zwickm
Registered Member

My AquaCave experience has always been great! I've never dealt with a damaged product though. Hope you can get the issue resolved smoothly.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Zwickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2016, 07:11 AM   #11
ClownNut
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflow View Post
I have to share my recent experience with aquacave. I purchased an ati fixture from them that came by ups damaged. It looked like the power plug for the fan was packaged directly down into the aluminum body of the fixture and someone stepped on it. Well, it had a huge dent in it as well as bent prongs for the fan power. They offered to supplement me with free ati bulbs or some cash back. I declined because I wanted kz bulbs. They paid for a return shipping label. A week and a half later, I received another fixture. Keep in mind I am only about a 4 hour drive from an ati distributer. The new fixture came packed the same way with a dent and the power prongs bent. Aqucave said all they can do is a 25% discount from ati. At this point I am beyond mad. They send me a new return label and I explain in very basic terms that they need to inspect the way it was packaged before usp kicks it to my door. I'm now awaiting a third fixture. I can say that I will NEVER buy from aquacave again.
i dont see how that's aquacave's issue. ATI always pack the fixture the same way. trust me i know. i am ati or nothing guy. never have any issue with the ati packing. maybe try to be nice to your ups driver. i know all my ups/fedex/usps drivers. they know most my packages are fish tank related, they handled it with a little more care.

Current Tank Info: 300DD, SM200/RD3,ATI 60-8X80+4X75, 2 Sea Sweep & 4X6105 & 6208
ClownNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2016, 08:25 AM   #12
d2mini
Registered Member

This is an ATI issue.
Why would AquaCave open every package they ship out? I guess you could request they open this third one just to make sure.
But if this was normal practice, people would complain they got a used one. Or there would be no way to tell if it was damaged in shipment or before it was shipped to you.
AquaCave isn't responsible for damages beyond their control, so their policy of shipping out a new one seems spot on to me.
Sorry you've had to go through this frustration and I can tell you that dents were definitely first on my mind when I opened up my power module box because ATI has pretty regular scratch and dent sales!
But it's not AquaCaves fault here.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2016, 10:56 PM   #13
foxrazr
Registered Member

I have had similar good experiences with aquacave and have had damaged products arrived. I think its everyones worst nightmare specially when the items are expensive. My 1st was an MP60 that arrived damaged. Very responsive over the phone. They shipped out a new one before I sent the old one out. 2nd was a defective milwaukee digital refractometer. They also took care of it. When the manufacturer wouldn't hear me and wanted to blame me for the error. This time my money was refunded and aquacave apologized to me when they were not the ones to blame.
I also run an ATI Sunpower 60" 8 bulb that I purchased from a different vendor who are no longer in business. That thing arrived to my house like it had been through a blender. The fixture is bent but didn't notice how bad it was and decided to keep it. Now I kick myself every time I see it. Although still functional and the only one who notices the imperfection is me. I wish I would have sent it back. You live you learn I guess.

Current Tank Info: 180Gallon 72"x24"x24", Mitras LX7, SRO 3000,Maxflo 1500,Vortech MP60W x1, Tunze 6095 x 2, Profilux controlled.
foxrazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/08/2016, 03:10 PM   #14
mzeme565
Registered Member

always had a great experience

mzeme565 is offline   Reply With Quote