Good point Chris. Mine ate my acans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pslreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2017, 08:21 PM   #27
mitchrapp
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
I have DD getting me one so it should be eating and for the most part healthy. It will be several weeks but I will update on this thread and the MI primer thread when I receive it.
How does one get DD to get them one?

mitchrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 10:47 AM   #28
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrapp View Post
How does one get DD to get them one?
Pm me

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 03:54 PM   #29
heuerfan
Registered Member

Mine is over a year, i only feed him a variety of pellets (spektrum, omega, forumla).

He was eating flakes at the store, brought him home fresh water dipped and went straight to QT treated with cupramine then prazi.

Good luck, my favorite fish.

Here he is when I first got him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElkssy44cw

heuerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 05:26 PM   #30
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

I have had one now for a week from DD. It ate mysis and brine right out of the bag. Also eats pellets and flake. Currently is in Chloroquine phosphate and getting ready to go thru a clout treatment. Residing in a 125 QT with a Tunze 6305 for flow, fish seems happy and is eating well so fingers crossed

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Unread 01/17/2018, 09:54 PM   #31
ReefTeacher
Registered Member

I had one for about 7 months a few years ago. Got him at LFS and he ate everything; feeding was never a problem. With no warning he lost his ability to swim upright , turned very dark and was dead within a day. No idea what happened.

I am very interested in hearing about your corallivore butterflies...

ReefTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 06:37 AM   #32
Joke
Registered Member

Pretty sure that Philip Sherman kept his Idol "Gill" for a long time. He collected his himself and did not quarantine, I think his success came from decorating the tank with lots of fake plants and cheesy ornaments.
Unfortunately his fish (Including "Gill") escaped to the ocean in bags and can still be spotted today (15 years later) attempting to free themselves!
My theory is they do very well in bags with no feeding, equipment or any maintenance.
At least that's what "Finding Nemo" and "Finding Dory" has lead me to believe.

Joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 07:49 AM   #33
pinnatus
RIP Ludinano

I kept mine for 8 years. Have a new one on order for this week at my lfs

Current Tank Info: 240 gal Fish-Only, 13-gal w/ clowns
pinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 08:41 AM   #34
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefTeacher View Post
I had one for about 7 months a few years ago. Got him at LFS and he ate everything; feeding was never a problem. With no warning he lost his ability to swim upright , turned very dark and was dead within a day. No idea what happened.

I am very interested in hearing about your corallivore butterflies...
Don't currently have any corallivores and I have only attempted 2. The Arabian I got a few years back would eat clams on the half shell and I had been mixing in soaked pellets I would make into a mush and put on the empty clam shells. the Arabian ate that but not with gusto and eventually died when I went out of town for 3 days and someone else was feeding the fish. I had a tiny (1-1.5") Lavartus that would eat prepared foods well, but I lost it when I went on vacation for 7 days and my controller for the heaters failed. I will attempt another one when I can devote all of my time to just that fish and force feed everyday if need be.

Unread 01/18/2018, 12:18 PM   #35
heuerfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
I have had one now for a week from DD. It ate mysis and brine right out of the bag. Also eats pellets and flake. Currently is in Chloroquine phosphate and getting ready to go thru a clout treatment. Residing in a 125 QT with a Tunze 6305 for flow, fish seems happy and is eating well so fingers crossed
Good to hear, good luck!

heuerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 12:51 PM   #36
Naraku
Registered Member

Getting mines tomorrow from LA.

Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 07:27 PM   #37
locito277
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke View Post
Pretty sure that Philip Sherman kept his Idol "Gill" for a long time. He collected his himself and did not quarantine, I think his success came from decorating the tank with lots of fake plants and cheesy ornaments.
Unfortunately his fish (Including "Gill") escaped to the ocean in bags and can still be spotted today (15 years later) attempting to free themselves!
My theory is they do very well in bags with no feeding, equipment or any maintenance.
At least that's what "Finding Nemo" and "Finding Dory" has lead me to believe.

For the win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 224 and 720 gallon in progress!
locito277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/29/2020, 10:35 AM   #38
orly20
Registered Member

so how did it go?

orly20 is offline   Reply With Quote