Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/14/2010, 07:06 PM   #1
turbosek
Registered Member

Waterbug

I just bought a waterbug and 2 sensors. I currently run an Apex AquaController by Neptune Systems. I also have an RO/DI system in my fishroom. I want to have a sensor under the RO/DI system on the concrete floor of the room. If the sump overflows, RO/DI leaks, or anything else leaks on the floor, I want the Apex to do 2 things:

1) Shut of the RO/DI water being held in the pressure holding tank.
2) Turn off the water main in my crawl space under the house.

Accomplishing both of these tasks will prevent water from emptying from the holding tank all over the place if the RO/DI system leaks, And, if there is a leak in the main supply to the RO/DI, it will prevent water from continously flooding the house from the water main. I am lucky because the who area of the fishroom is a concrete floor and will not do too much damage.

My water main is simply a 1" pvc pipe that currently has a ball valve to shut off water to the house. I want to replace the manual ball valve with one of those electronic irrigation/sprinkler system valves you can buy at HD or Lowes. I will plug it into the DC8 of the Apex.

I will also need some sort of a powered solanoid valve to shut off the 1/4" plastic hose that runs from the pressure holding tank.

I have no idea how to set up these 2 electronic means of turning the water off at these 2 locations. Anyone want to give me any tips?

turbosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2010, 12:21 PM   #2
coolfish5
Registered Member

Not exactly what you were looking for and I haven't used one of these but it looks like a great integrated system to shut off water from the RO/DI in the case of a spill. I had been considering it for use just to shut the RO/DI down in case of an overfilled reservoir or similar.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...i-systems.html

Current Tank Info: Reef: 65RR (6x HOT5 Nova Pro). Fresh water: 55 tropical
coolfish5 is offline   Reply With Quote