Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/21/2018, 11:38 PM   #1
mushumatt
Registered Member

Mushumatts return IM 20 gallon build

So I have been gone from the scene busy working and traveling getting my life in order... this adulting stuff stinks. Well I’m finally settled into a place for more then a year so I decided I am going to start a nano tank. This is no way my first nano or SW fish tank.

Livestock plans: 2 clowns, yellow watchman goby, zoas, sps, and a few other things. But I believe with my light selection I won’t have an issue with light demands.

Tank: Innovative Marine 20 gallon
Lights: 2 x Aqua Illumination 26 LED light fixture (not sure if this is overkill could use some more insight
Return: IM mightyjet (going to replace the return with hydor flow deflectors)
ATO: Tunze nano ATO
Filtration: BRS 2 stage carbon & GFO as well as IM filter socks
Protein Skimmer: IM skimmer
Power head: eco tech MP10 (previous tank)

I’m going to be dosing 2 part, using Red Sea test kits. Going to get arag a livesand, 10-20 pounds of base rock, then 30-40 pounds of Live rock probabaly from one of the vendors.

Please I’m looking for insight on my setup before I go through with my order, unfortunately where I am at I can get livestock but none of the stuff I need or want. So I’m trying to perfect everything before I put the order in.

Thanks guys can’t wait to get back in the world!

Current Tank Info: 40 BR w/20L sump
mushumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Conchman
Registered Member

I had a 20 Fusion. I would ditch the socks, and I did not need the skimmer. 5 gallon bucket is over 20% water change. Everything else, great choices...

Conchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/25/2018, 12:21 PM   #3
Saltyguys
Registered Member

Pretty much the same exact setup I have. I have had my IM 20 up and going for about 3 years now. I have two AI primes over mine and only have them peaking at around 55% power at 14.5K. I have a mixed reef with a few SPS frags, Zoas, LPS and some mushrooms. I feel I can keep anything with the lights I have. You have double what I do so I would either only use one fixture or dial them both down to around 30%.

Saltyguys is offline   Reply With Quote