Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/14/2018, 04:28 PM   #1
adammreef
Registered Member

My kids professional pics

What’s everyones opinion on my daughters professional pics for her cheer team, no I didn’t take the pic. Most of the parents on the team are unhappy with them and don’t want to pay for them. Do you think the background could have been better? The coaches and the owner of the team don’t want to get the photographer back and insist it is good enough.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2B3721DB-E049-4C2C-9B32-E4FABB644188.jpg (35.4 KB, 49 views)

Current Tank Info: 210
adammreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Misled
RC Mod

The backround could have been a lot better. Even if he threw it in the dryer before the shot it would have been a lot better. I also would have changed the arrangement of the people. That being said, I don't shoot people.

Unread 10/20/2018, 08:44 AM   #3
SVTour
Registered Member

The line from the sheet/floor running through the bodies of the 1st row of people screams amateur to me...just cause you get paid, doesn't mean you should. As Jesse noted above, I don't shoot people either...

Current Tank Info: 220gal RR in wall w/ 90gal sump/fuge, 39 gallon QT, 2 X 45 gallon salt mixing station, Full LED lighting, RKE w/APC Tunze and MLC
SVTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2018, 01:47 PM   #4
NikonN8
Registered Member

What this amateur sees as problematic include
* the group is standing a little far apart (they look loosely assembled)
* the photographer could be closer to better fill the frame
* the kids are off-center
* the lighting is poor - it's definitely dark. The background doesn't help at all
* I don't like the angle either - I kind of feel like the photographer is looking down and I don't think adults should stand over kids to take their picture

I suppose some of that could be fixed with a crop. I don't shoot people either but I would avoid everything listed if at all possible.