Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/15/2009, 11:26 PM   #1
WillLevantovsky
Registered Member

Question 55 Gallon Soon To Be Reef Lighting Question... I Do Not Want An Open Top! LOOOKKK!:)

Hi!

i have a 55 gallon tank with a DIY 10 gallon sump, a DIY 10 gallon fuge, and a jebo protein skimmer. Now all i need is my Live Rock and Live Sand To Get Here All Ready! well, heres my question; i gotta cheapo 216 watt T5 light fixture made by oddysea... now if i run the light fixture with the very bulky but sturdy legs it provided then i can't put a pre made glass lid on and i have a fear of open top tanks due to fish jumping

now, any idea on how to limit this? glass sheets across the back and just leave a 2"space in the front? any other ideas? also, any opinions and old tricks you guys have learned about the best way to set up a reef SHOOT. i know my stuff but i LOVE suggestions and opinions

Thanks!
will

Unread 12/15/2009, 11:52 PM   #2
erick001ace
Registered Member

Don't know what to tell you but hows the light thinking bout getting it

erick001ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish, lid, light, refugium, sump