Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/09/2019, 03:11 PM   #1
Eug40
Registered Member

Firefish laying on the bottom

Hi guys, my Helfrichi firefish who I've had without incident for about a year was lying down on the sand the other day. Never seen "her" doing that, all the internet searches mention disease or what not but I don't see any spots or fin abnormalities on her, nothing new has been introduced to the tank for months. Yesterday, she was swimming back around like normal, was greatly relieved, but she didnt eat any of the usual pellets I throw in but did receive frozen foods. Today shes back at the bottom.. I get greatly attached to anything in my tank, hoping anyone has any ideas on whats going on.. or is this the beginning of hospice care.

Thanks in advance

Eug40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2019, 10:33 PM   #2
HumbleFish
Moved On

Any new livestock (fish, corals, inverts) added to the tank recently? Have you tested for ammonia, pH? Everything else in the tank looking OK?

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2019, 02:30 PM   #3
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleFish View Post
Any new livestock (fish, corals, inverts) added to the tank recently? Have you tested for ammonia, pH? Everything else in the tank looking OK?
Maybe you missed this "nothing new has been introduced to the tank for months"

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote