Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/08/2019, 03:14 PM   #1
Kengar
Registered Member

Annoying shipping practices

Marine Depot:

Your inability/unwillingness to add some products to an order that I placed 15 minutes earlier because it has been loaded up to the warehouse already is really annoying. I ordered about $100 worth of product and wanted to add about another $100 worth of product -- not much by reefing standards, but not chump change, either. I'm told that I can't and would have to simply place another order.

While your factory automation and "fast" delivery is nice, the unwillingness to help a long-time customer -- who's spent many, many thousands of dollars with you over the years -- spend some more money without incurring further shipping charges for another shipment is really annoying, your offer to bump me up to expedited ground shipping for no further surchcharge notwithstanding.

Given how many online sources there are these days for the same product at the same price, it's far too easy for the customer to go elsewhere (e.g., AC, BRS, etc.) for you to just do things like that...... I'll find a product I can use my 15% off discount code on, then simply contact the other vendors first from now on.

Unread 05/08/2019, 03:53 PM   #2
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kengar View Post
Marine Depot:

Your inability/unwillingness to add some products to an order that I placed 15 minutes earlier because it has been loaded up to the warehouse already is really annoying. I ordered about $100 worth of product and wanted to add about another $100 worth of product -- not much by reefing standards, but not chump change, either. I'm told that I can't and would have to simply place another order.

While your factory automation and "fast" delivery is nice, the unwillingness to help a long-time customer -- who's spent many, many thousands of dollars with you over the years -- spend some more money without incurring further shipping charges for another shipment is really annoying, your offer to bump me up to expedited ground shipping for no further surchcharge notwithstanding.

Given how many online sources there are these days for the same product at the same price, it's far too easy for the customer to go elsewhere (e.g., AC, BRS, etc.) for you to just do things like that...... I'll find a product I can use my 15% off discount code on, then simply contact the other vendors first from now on.
Kengar: Please email me at social@marinedepot.com with your order # so that I can speak with a customer service manager about what went down here. Your satisfaction is my utmost concern. Without you, there would be no us! I'd also like to encourage you to tell me what I can do to make things right in this situation because that is precisely what I would like to do.

Talk soon (hopefully),

Jeff Johnston
Marketing Manager
MarineDepot.com

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2019, 04:12 PM   #3
Kengar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
Kengar: Please email me at social@marinedepot.com with your order # so that I can speak with a customer service manager about what went down here. Your satisfaction is my utmost concern. Without you, there would be no us! I'd also like to encourage you to tell me what I can do to make things right in this situation because that is precisely what I would like to do.

Talk soon (hopefully),

Jeff Johnston
Marketing Manager
MarineDepot.com
Thanks for posting.

Email sent.

Ken

Unread 05/08/2019, 04:21 PM   #4
Kengar
Registered Member

Let me just add to this thread. For me personally, I wouldn't mind if it takes one more day to get my order if it would build into the system the time to make a change. Perhaps you could set up something in the online ordering process where the customer gets to choose whether the order goes to warehouse for filling immediately, or whether it sits a day before filling/processing to let the customer make changes. Far, far, far more often than not, my desired changes are to ADD something to the order.....

Unread 05/08/2019, 04:33 PM   #5
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for posting.

Email sent.

Ken
You are welcome, Ken! I just replied to your email but will reply again after I perform an investigation.

Quote:
Let me just add to this thread. For me personally, I wouldn't mind if it takes one more day to get my order if it would build into the system the time to make a change. Perhaps you could set up something in the online ordering process where the customer gets to choose whether the order goes to warehouse for filling immediately, or whether it sits a day before filling/processing to let the customer make changes. Far, far, far more often than not, my desired changes are to ADD something to the order.....
I recall this being in our development queue at some point. Let me check on the status of that as well as your most recent order so I can give you an update.

Thank you!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote