Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/31/2020, 08:55 AM   #1
Reef This
Premium Member

How long does Verse tubing last?

Whats the typical time frame for the rubber tubing inside the pump?

Unread 06/01/2020, 04:59 AM   #2
wcharon
Registered Member

I know this is not the answer to your question but i will like to know how are you liking the pump in terms of accuracy and noise?

Thinking to jump the wagon to replace my Doser.

Thanks in advance...

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2020, 06:07 PM   #3
Reef This
Premium Member

Sorry I missed your question, I was gone for work for a couple days.

I'll give you an honest review. After using various pumps over the years, these are superior mechanically to anything I've used thus far. Noise levels are basically nothing unless running at a high dose/time ratio. I use mine for water changes and they take place over a matter of a hours, fairly slowly and I rarely notice they are running.

I will be critical of the software itself, it lacks programmable options. For the life of me I cannot figure out why you cannot program by days of the week. It makes no sense in such a simple software setup that it isn't an option.

With that said, I was doing water changes every day.. I always made sure my changes were when I was home. I was about a month in, no issues.. Took my son to baseball practice in the afternoon during a scheduled change, we went to a movie and dinner that night with the family, and the pump pulling water out never shut off - it ran for about 6 hours past it's schedule. Overfilled my waste container, which thankfully I have in my basement with a drain in the floor, but my ATO was pumping water in the entire time. Wasn't a major deal, but just a warning to anyone who has one.

I have since expanded my Apex. Moved the intake and outgoing lines to different parts of the system, and now they dose at the same time, on timers, so even if one was stuck on, it wouldn't dose too much, and the Apex program would shut them off anyway.

The software has issues. However, they are mechanically sound. I love them.

Unread 06/04/2020, 06:09 PM   #4
Reef This
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
I know this is not the answer to your question but i will like to know how are you liking the pump in terms of accuracy and noise?

Thinking to jump the wagon to replace my Doser.

Thanks in advance...
I forgot to add, I also added 2 more recently to dose 2 part. I used clear dosing containers, and I check them frequently to see how much is being dosed and they are spot on accurate every single time.

Unread 06/04/2020, 06:41 PM   #5
wcharon
Registered Member

Thanks @Reef This for the honest review. Seem that i will moving to try them.

How much doses you can do in 24 hrs?

Once again, thanks....

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2020, 07:29 AM   #6
Reef This
Premium Member

Quote:

Once again, thanks....
I'm not actually sure what the max dosage is. I change about 15,000ml's, about 4 gallons mon-fri over 8 hours. 220g system. Which is about a 10% water change for me.

I recalibrated last week as I was wondering if the tubes were stretching yet, and it's still spot on. So, about 3 months in and the tubes are still good, calibration was good running 8 hours 5 days a week.

Unread 06/05/2020, 07:31 AM   #7
Reef This
Premium Member

Quote:

Once again, thanks....
4g a day, 20g a week, about 10% of my total volume is what i meant to say. Lol.

Unread 06/16/2020, 10:38 PM   #8
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef This View Post
Whats the typical time frame for the rubber tubing inside the pump?
Great discussion.

To answer your original question, the tube is a wearable item and does need to be replaced, however there's no official answer on what the interval is. Because these are such versatile pumps, I think there are a lot of factors involved when determining tube replacement.

Part of my maintenance schedule with versa is to check calibration monthly. The first month I was calibrating quite often as the tube was breaking in, but it has now settled and when I check calibration it's only off by 0.5ml if any.

My rule of thumb is, once calibration starts to shift drastically, I will replace the tube.

Of course visual inspection are worth noting as well, if the tube looks like it's about to split or there's some obvious damage, I would replace as well.

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote