Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/09/2019, 07:43 AM   #1
sjkarrow87
Registered Member

G1 Issue

Sold a gen1 radion on eBay that at the time of sale i know was working, minus 1 white LED. I did Disclose that the one led was out.

When i owned The light it was paired with another gen 1 that routinely was on 8 hours a day with 0 issues, minus the 1 led.

Is there anything they could have done in programming that would cause the light to fail? I did Recommend they call EcoTech to see if they can help troubleshoot, i kno The lights on top blink to help indicate an issue. The only
Other thought i had Was a factory reset and setting it up as a single light via eco smart live.

They stated “ i had it synced with 2 other ones. i have had to reboot it several time's since i received it and now it will not work anymore. i unplug it and reset it it will come one for 5 seconds then shuts off, i tried on of the other ones power supply and it does the same thing.

sjkarrow87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/2019, 09:59 AM   #2
ryeguyy84
Registered Member

There are tons of scammers on eBay so be careful. My experience was I sold a brand new AI prime and the person I sold it to messaged me and said the wifi wasn't working so I told them that they should call AI. they wrote back that they would rather return it and have me deal with it. Okay seemed fishy but I took the return. I got the light back a week later and videoed me opening the box just in case. It turned out the buyer dropped the light and the power supply into their tank and the whole thing was soaking wet and fried. I declined the return due to water damage but eBay stepped in and took the money from my account and gave it back to them. It took a month for me to get eBay to reverse and get my money back but they still allowed him to keep his money.

Do you think shipping might have damaged your lights?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon
ryeguyy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/2019, 12:07 PM   #3
sjkarrow87
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguyy84 View Post
There are tons of scammers on eBay so be careful. My experience was I sold a brand new AI prime and the person I sold it to messaged me and said the wifi wasn't working so I told them that they should call AI. they wrote back that they would rather return it and have me deal with it. Okay seemed fishy but I took the return. I got the light back a week later and videoed me opening the box just in case. It turned out the buyer dropped the light and the power supply into their tank and the whole thing was soaking wet and fried. I declined the return due to water damage but eBay stepped in and took the money from my account and gave it back to them. It took a month for me to get eBay to reverse and get my money back but they still allowed him to keep his money.

Do you think shipping might have damaged your lights?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I hear Ya on the scammer part but also torn because eBay rules tend to always favor the buyer even tho it was sold as is.

Shipping i kno The box was packed very well and don’t know how it arrived. He did send photos and the serial # matched what i sent Him.

Should i push Him to chat with EcoTech? For $100 not sure how much energy it’s worth

sjkarrow87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/27/2019, 10:52 AM   #4
JP Reef
Registered Member

I would push it to Ecotech. It appears that they had it working when it arrived, and that should be your only concern. What may or may not have happened since they set it up is more their problem. I would have them contact Ecotech and then they can provide you with the communications they have had with them if it doesn't solve the problem. Request proof of communication.

JP Reef is offline   Reply With Quote