Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/14/2010, 03:44 PM   #1
HerbanShaman
Registered Member

Lightbulb My 55 gallon is finally stocked

My 55 gallon is finally well stocked and running decently. This tank is a mountain theme like my other tank. The lighting and filtration on this one is also similar. HO-T5 X8 54watt; varied sprectrums. Two 55 gallon cartridge filters, one e-heim, one marineland. Once the tank is older I'll only be running one. Currents are koralia and flobots of varied specs. Lots of hermits, snails, etc on cleaning patrol. Fairly even mix of sps, lps, etc. This tanks centerpiece will with any luck be the sweet rhodactic mushroom I recently picked up. See if you can spot him along with my fav fishies.

Opinions, comments...?
My tank is really really young. Stuff still needs a good 6 mo to grow into thier new home. For now, things are stable and happy.

"Until philosophers are kings, or the kings and princes of this world have the spirit and power of philosophy, and political greatness and wisdom meet in one, and those commoner natures who pursue either to the exclusion of the other are compelled to stand aside, cities will never have rest from their evils"

Plato - The Republic

Current Tank Info: 37 gallon column and 55 long

Last edited by HerbanShaman; 02/14/2010 at 03:51 PM.
HerbanShaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Rensmif
Registered Member

looking nice

Rensmif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Imzadi
Registered Member

Everything looks like it is suspended in jello. Maybe a black temporary background on the tank until the Coraline fills in, or something... I like the placements of most of the stuff, just seems unnatural with things floating like that. Like you said, still fresh... and the spacing should leave lots of room for growth... hopefully it will hide all of the aparatus to run it. Maybe the light is too big, and is lighting the equipment up... could lower? Or, maybe... skirt it? I dunno. Gonna be awesome, though. Very nice. You already have more coral that I got in my 55... :-( Soon, I hope.

Current Tank Info: 120g Freshie, 55g salty with a 2/3 BeanAnimal. BA METHOD - TESTIFY! I am a DIY Disaster, but I am saving money! Damsel FREE since 07/08/09!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
55 gallon new tank