Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/27/2018, 01:34 PM   #1
liverock
RC Sponsor

Bahamas

Taking the boat over to Bimini for the fourth. Orders submitted after tomorrow will be sent after I return!

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/2018, 03:08 PM   #2
saf1
Registered Member

When you get back you will have to enlighten me the distance to put into perspective. 50 - 100 miles? I know any time we left San Francisco on my uncles sail boat out to the Farallon Islands 25 or so miles seemed far. Really had to pay attention to the weather. I'm guessing you guys probably don't have that out your way.

Pretty neat that you can do that though for a weekend. Dumb question - is that pretty common provided you have a good boat?

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon mixed reef
saf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/2018, 03:26 PM   #3
Pslreefer
In Memoriam

Bahamas

Freeport is about 60 miles from the west palm beach area for perspective. People take their boat to Freeport, Bimini, abacao all the time. Just a way of life in Florida.

There is even a Bahamas crossing forecast everyday on the local news.

Pslreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/06/2018, 04:19 PM   #4
saf1
Registered Member

That is pretty neat. The things you don't see or have the option when living on the wrong coast. Do you have to let anyone know, harbour master, etc - so they don't assume you are running drugs? I know we would - or had to - when leaving the bay that far out due to weather. That way if you didn't return they would know something may have went down.

Unread 07/09/2018, 01:40 PM   #5
liverock
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf1 View Post
That is pretty neat. The things you don't see or have the option when living on the wrong coast. Do you have to let anyone know, harbour master, etc - so they don't assume you are running drugs? I know we would - or had to - when leaving the bay that far out due to weather. That way if you didn't return they would know something may have went down.
You have to file with homeland...exit and entry requirements....in the US...and when you get over there, check in Bahamas immigration, costs $350 for the boat and fishing permits for up to four people...with US passports

Piece of cake run over on a nice day....2.5 hours....on a bad day in the gulf stream....14 hours...ask me how I know LOL

saw about 25 boats going back and forth on Saturday as we were coming home...boat freeway!

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/10/2018, 01:55 PM   #6
saf1
Registered Member

Ok - that makes sense for several reasons I can think of. Still, it is pretty cool that you can do that. Reasonably priced. You have it pretty good there. Good diving both local and a short boat ride.