Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/22/2020, 08:51 PM   #1
ninersrule1
Registered Member

Waterbox 20g Cube vs JBJ RF 25 vs ??

I am looking to get a 20g or so cube nano tank for my work. Has to be AIO.

I really like the waterbox but it’s going to be a wait if another 3-6 weeks. JBJ looks nice but it’s at least $100 more. Is it worth the extra??

Any other tanks in this price range that can compete? Waterbox seems to be cheaper than everyone and quality appears to be good to from reviews I’ve read.

Appreciate any feedback.

ninersrule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2020, 10:49 PM   #2
ninersrule1
Registered Member

Ok I’ll assume lack of response is unfamiliarity with these two aquariums?

Had a question on Kalkwasser... I know people drop it through ATO water.... if I have an all in one 20 gal tank with three chambers in back, is it not possible to drip the Kalkwasser separately from the ATO? I just worry about ATO pump being on continuously , then again I guess with a controller I could limit amount of time it could actually run. I just figured I could have an upside down drip going into one of the chambers and the ATO going into the return chamber. Thoughts?

Unread 05/27/2020, 10:26 AM   #3
Tcook
Premium Member

I have the IM Nuvo 20 in my office and quality is good. No water in it yet. You could control your kalk with an Apex or litermeter. I will be using an Apex jr on my 20. You can set up pH constraints and max volume per 24 hr etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2020, 01:46 AM   #4
Chowder3
Registered Member

I’m a newbie but have a Waterbox 20. I based my purchase on looks and reviews. Both are great for this tank. I have no regrets. There are both internal and external mods available. While I already know my next setup will be a larger tank, I am in no rush to stop this one. I’ll be content for a few years.

Chowder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2020, 10:59 PM   #5
ninersrule1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder3 View Post
I’m a newbie but have a Waterbox 20. I based my purchase on looks and reviews. Both are great for this tank. I have no regrets. There are both internal and external mods available. While I already know my next setup will be a larger tank, I am in no rush to stop this one. I’ll be content for a few years.
Nice, the 20 cube seems to be sold out everywhere. I’m hoping in mid June they supply some to their retailers as all of their have sold out through their site. Glad you like it. I’ll wait til mid June and if nobody gets the 20 I’ll probably go for the 10 gal. Not sure if I should still get the AI HD lighting or go for something cheaper.

Nuevo tanks look nice as well... not sure they are worth the extra money though compared to waterbox.

Unread 06/19/2020, 05:38 AM   #6
Chowder3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersrule1 View Post
Nice, the 20 cube seems to be sold out everywhere. I’m hoping in mid June they supply some to their retailers as all of their have sold out through their site. Glad you like it. I’ll wait til mid June and if nobody gets the 20 I’ll probably go for the 10 gal. Not sure if I should still get the AI HD lighting or go for something cheaper.

Nuevo tanks look nice as well... not sure they are worth the extra money though compared to waterbox.

Yeah I had to do some intense online shopping to find the one I have. I didn’t want to wait for it to come back in stock and I knew it was the tank for me. That’s the light I intend on purchasing. It has a lot of good reviews. Good luck and happy hunting your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chowder3 is offline   Reply With Quote