Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/24/2016, 12:30 AM   #1
CTaylor
Registered Member

Hanna Checker Ca bat bat alert

Hi,
Does anyone else get this alert? I changed the battery and 2 weeks later same thing: Bad Bat(tery). This happened on the Alk one. I forget if I changed the batter on that after the alert. But the alk one hasnt done it again. I heard hanna has bad customer service. I got this checker over summer, so it's not very old.

Anyone know if there's a fix?

thanks!

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2017, 12:42 AM   #2
Rudimenta
Registered Member

have to return it, i have one bad unit too but cant return it (live around the world, would cost more than the bloody thing is worth) i have 3 checker total and it only happens to one. Changing the bat has no effect, believe me i have tried, its just bad design.

Current Tank Info: 770 Display 205l Sump, 100l Nano
Rudimenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2017, 12:44 AM   #3
CTaylor
Registered Member

I think somehow they both had bad batteries in reality lol.. I changed them out again and they have both been fine for a while now . Could be just for now though, but I was also using it like 3 times a day before for a month lol. But so far so good again

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2017, 04:36 AM   #4
ksicard
Registered Member

How do you like your calcium checker? I see both good and bad reviews and have been considering one for myself. I love the alk and phosphate checkers.

ksicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2017, 06:57 PM   #5
emzee
Registered Member

I had a similar experience. I purchased 3 Hanna Checkers (Alk, Phosphate, and Calcium). The Alk and Phosphate worked, but the Calcium, during the final step of its first attempt at a Calcium reading suddenly started flashing "bad bat". I replaced the battery 3 times (to be sure it wasn't the battery or the connection. Called customer service, and they had me try the Alk's battery case/connector with the Calcium at still the "bad bat" message. I was told to mail the the Calcium checker alone (.i.e - without the case etc.) To my surprise they sent me back an entire new unit (case, bottled reagent A, packets of reagent B, the special 0.1ml minipipette, etc), so I was happy. I like the Calcium checker.

emzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2018, 11:22 AM   #6
Saintnovakai
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
Hi,
Does anyone else get this alert? I changed the battery and 2 weeks later same thing: Bad Bat(tery). This happened on the Alk one. I forget if I changed the batter on that after the alert. But the alk one hasnt done it again. I heard hanna has bad customer service. I got this checker over summer, so it's not very old.

Anyone know if there's a fix?

thanks!
Sorry to but just had the same issue. Fixed it by pulling the lower battery section off and then separating the pins a bit so they feel tight sliding back into the black female section. I figured it was a contact issue. Works fine now.

Saintnovakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2018, 12:04 AM   #7
Seasidenj
Registered Member

My hanna checkers have all been great not 1 problem

Seasidenj is offline   Reply With Quote