Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/27/2015, 07:36 AM   #1
leebauer
Registered Member.

Bubble magus calcium reactor setup

Hello.
So I've been running no supplemental dosing on my 65 gallon mixed reef, and after 2+ years it has caught up with me. This bubble magus c120 reactor was givin to me so obviously that's the direction I'm going in. .I currently have on the way a reef fanatic co2 gauge and solenoid coming and just need a refill on my co2 tank I was using for a kegerator. Question is. Am I missing something? Check valves or whatever? I really have no clue how to set it up, but have plenty of local reefers to help, but just wanna get my ducks in order before that day comes.....

leebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2015, 08:05 AM   #2
dendrite
Registered Member

I don't know what pumps your reactor came with but you will need a pump for the internal circulation and one for the external driving circulation to push water thru. Check online with bubble magus to see what pumps are recommended. There should also be a check valve on the effluent side to control outflow back to tank.

dendrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2015, 09:35 AM   #3
leebauer
Registered Member.

There is an Atman pump that is attached( I'm assuming is the pump for internal circulation..there is a aqualifter that the guy said he was using on it, but I was advised on my local forum that the aqualifter is unreliable and a better pump should be used.....????

Unread 01/27/2015, 09:35 AM   #4
leebauer
Registered Member.

Unread 01/27/2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Breadman03
New Old School

I'd swear I saw that pic on Facebook. Yep, I did.

I'm not going with a reactor yet, but look at the Masterflex calcium reactor thread. It's got me real interested in running a peristaltic pump once my tank is ready.

Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2015, 10:54 AM   #6
leebauer
Registered Member.

Yea, I'd figure I'd post here cause I'm not getting too much help over there, but at this point just wanna get it up and running, and I'll worry about upgrades later

Unread 01/28/2015, 11:22 AM   #7
leebauer
Registered Member.

Anyone have any input?

Tags
bubble magus, calcium reactor, co2, help!