Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Greg Hiller
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/08/2006, 10:48 AM   #1
Me No Nemo
Premium Member

Fragging tunicates?

HI Greg...any tips on fragging tunicates? Can it be done? I have some bright purple ones that I'd love to make more of. Marcye

“Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest...” ( Dr. Lloyd Biggle Jr.)

"In among the branches of the corals, like birds among trees, floated many beautiful fish, radiant with metallic greens or crimsons...."
J. Beete Jukes 1842-46

Current Tank Info: 215 Oceanic, Dart Pump, Vortech MP 40's, ATI Powermodule 10x80 watts, 46 gallon freshwater planted tank, 3,500+ gallon backyard pond, 12 gallon mantis tank
Me No Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Greg Hiller
Registered Member

Hmmm...that's a good one. Tunicates are usually individual animals just clustered together. I don't think there would be any good way to attach them to a surface. I would just cut the rock they are on in two, and glue a new rock next to the colony and hope they spread across. Purple tunicates....tank raised? Sounds like I need some of them!!

Greg Hiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Me No Nemo
Premium Member

Yes, they are VERY nice...very bright purple. I'm going to do some experiments and I'll post some pics. Just wanted to see if there was an established practice fragging them.

“Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest...” ( Dr. Lloyd Biggle Jr.)

"In among the branches of the corals, like birds among trees, floated many beautiful fish, radiant with metallic greens or crimsons...."
J. Beete Jukes 1842-46

Current Tank Info: 215 Oceanic, Dart Pump, Vortech MP 40's, ATI Powermodule 10x80 watts, 46 gallon freshwater planted tank, 3,500+ gallon backyard pond, 12 gallon mantis tank
Me No Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2014, 08:24 AM   #4
DLANDINO
D.L. Heritage Rings

Can I resurect this thread from 2006! LOL, holy cow this is an old one. I have a colonial tunicate that I would love to frag but I don't want to jeopardize the colony. Any new tips or methods?

Current Tank Info: JBJ 8 Nano mixed
DLANDINO is offline   Reply With Quote