Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/08/2016, 07:19 PM   #26
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie13reef View Post
Always interests me to see them out of the light of the tank. Which one is that piece in the right container on the lower left? How long were they in these containers?
They were in there about an hour I think lol and the big piece you are talking about is this one

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 03:24 AM   #27
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

The tank has now, officially, got life in it it's boring and I can't see it but it's there Now I can watch pellets float happily around the tank and decay
NH3 was 0ppm before anything went into the tank, will measure again tomorrow night!

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Unread 06/09/2016, 07:40 PM   #28
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Ammonia still 0ppm this morning after a few big pinches of food last night and one this morning Skimmer will be going online on Sunday morning and phos remover will be going in Monday/Tuesday too

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/09/2016, 07:58 PM   #29
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Scleractinia Shallows. Excellent name for your build. Though I didn't know that until I looked up the name Scleractinia.
Do you use big words around Andrew?

Marty

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 08:13 PM   #30
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
Scleractinia Shallows. Excellent name for your build. Though I didn't know that until I looked up the name Scleractinia.
Do you use big words around Andrew?

Marty
haha thanks Marty! I've called this build "The Stony Shallows" on other forums but I figured because it's an sps forum I'd go for the bigger word they both have a nice ring to them.
Other way around, his ID abilities are light years ahead of mine

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/09/2016, 10:20 PM   #31
slin1977
Registered Member

+1 as Marty said.
I had to look up the word a few times cos it was a tough word to try spell.

Unread 06/10/2016, 04:53 AM   #32
M007
Acro Whore

Congrats on the new start

Current Tank Info: 250G SPS Mixed Reef. ATLAS 84x28x24. SuperMarin 250. Cebu Sun 3 x 250WMH Radiums 4 x 80W T5. Profilux 3 w/GHL dosing CA-ALK-MG. Moved by Tunze and Vertex. Reef Octopus 5K return.
M007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2016, 05:59 AM   #33
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slin1977 View Post
+1 as Marty said.
I had to look up the word a few times cos it was a tough word to try spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M007 View Post
Congrats on the new start
Cheers matey

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/10/2016, 07:00 AM   #34
reefmutt
Registered Member

You're moving fast, Dom. I like it!!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2016, 07:55 AM   #35
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
You're moving fast, Dom. I like it!!
I unfortunately don't have the luxury of time with this build or it might be a little different so we'll be seeing how my skills go over the coming weeks haha. The removalists for the house are coming in just over two weeks so I'm cutting things fairly fine but then again I only have 4 fish coming across which is nothing and clams and zoa's are easy to deal with At least my clams are lol.

I've doubled checked everything twice and I'll probably continue testing the water twice a day for the next 3-4 weeks just to make sure everything is okay but once the bellus is in an settled I'll know my limits from there as she's tough as nails and is the easiest for me to understand too

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/10/2016, 08:00 AM   #36
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

You're right though, I'm certainly not mucking about! :P lol I really miss my fish which is part of it too. Over 6 months with minimal contact with the tank is really tough! At least now the uni semester is over I can completely throw myself into the tank

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/10/2016, 08:06 AM   #37
reefmutt
Registered Member

Well... Don't throw yourself COMPLETELY into the tank. It'll bust..
I'm only half interested in seeing a semi clad, wild eyed, red bearded Aussie doing a cannonball into a 40 gallon aquarium.. Flakes and test kits in hand..
Well.. Actually.. That might be more than a little bit interesting..

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 06/10/2016, 03:21 PM   #38
joshky
Acros & Wrasses

New tank! New tank! Dom this is exciting! I hope things go well for you and 2.0 is even better than your previous work of art!

My 80g: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677031
joshky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2016, 07:43 PM   #39
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Well... Don't throw yourself COMPLETELY into the tank. It'll bust..
I'm only half interested in seeing a semi clad, wild eyed, red bearded Aussie doing a cannonball into a 40 gallon aquarium.. Flakes and test kits in hand..
Well.. Actually.. That might be more than a little bit interesting..
I don't know how I'd explain that to my partner though I think she's already a little concerned about my love for an empty tank
Only pellets in this end of the world too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshky View Post
New tank! New tank! Dom this is exciting! I hope things go well for you and 2.0 is even better than your previous work of art!
Super-duper exciting!! It's definitely going to be better that's for sure! Even just for the size alone haha

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/10/2016, 07:44 PM   #40
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

We also have our rental inspection on Tuesday so I will be very interested to see what they think of the "fish tank" hahaha I would like to have a fish in there just for some life lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/10/2016, 09:39 PM   #41
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Ammonia and nitrite both at 0ppm still and I am pumping the food into the tank lol more than I think my fish are getting feed in the cube currently haha

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/11/2016, 01:52 PM   #42
joshky
Acros & Wrasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
We also have our rental inspection on Tuesday so I will be very interested to see what they think of the "fish tank" hahaha I would like to have a fish in there just for some life lol
Do what "Tanked" does! It works on TV!

My 80g: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677031
joshky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2016, 05:08 PM   #43
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshky View Post
Do what "Tanked" does! It works on TV!
I'm keen but I'm not sure I'm that keen lol my thoughts are if there's a fish or two at least theyll be less likely to complain haha

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/11/2016, 07:12 PM   #44
SkullV
They Got My Number

Ooh la la! You Australian guys always have the best SPS tanks. Jealous as always!

Be cautious of those willing to share their "knowledge" but not their results.
SkullV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2016, 05:06 AM   #45
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
Ooh la la! You Australian guys always have the best SPS tanks. Jealous as always!
haha thanks mate! Let's hope I can turn into a tank to make the Great Barrier Reef proud of! lol

I feed a huge amount of pellets earlier today and no reaction whatsoever and the skimmer is on the tank as well now too, so that means one or two fish will be coming across tomorrow I'm currently feeding more than the fish get so I could bring them all across but it helps to play it safe lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/14/2016, 11:42 PM   #46
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

It's... ALIVE!

Well moving on...

Last night brought on the very first additions to the tank and the fish I wanted to get in first and foremost It meant removing most the rock from the cade but it made it a whole lot easier and with my brothers help my Bellus angle and Kole tang were caught
Fast forward to this afternoon, they're both still very very shy but both out and swimming around and they've both had some food too which is amazing as I was expecting a few days of protest lol. All signs are healthy and good and so that means zoa's will be going in tomorrow or Friday and the other fish on Saturday and I'm not quite sure when I'll do the clams yet, maybe the little guy on Friday and my big maxima I have no idea yet lol.
Either way I am absolutely over the moon and so happy to have my babies back with me!!
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/14/2016, 11:59 PM   #47
FloformAustria
Registered Member

great to see things moving on!!

when will the others move in?

Flo

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2016, 05:23 PM   #48
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post

great to see things moving on!!
when will the others move in?
Flo
Bellus and kole are out and about and eating as well which is fantastic! I was expecting that to take a few days.
Others will go in on Saturday I think along with the clams which will mean the cube will be empty by the end of the weekend

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 06/15/2016, 05:29 PM   #49
reefmutt
Registered Member

Nice Dom!
looking really good.
shaping up to be a busy weekend.
GOOD LUCK!

Unread 06/15/2016, 05:32 PM   #50
glaukos
Registered Member

That's going to be an awesome "frankenstein" tank buddy!
Well done you sick scientist

Stand looks nice too dom!Just noticed it