Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aqua Cave
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/09/2017, 07:13 PM   #1
moogoos
Registered Member

Aquacave = Lies

I bought a biopellet reactor from Aquacave via their eBay store. A few weeks after I got it, it stopped pumping. The pump turned on and all but nothing happened. I submitted a support ticket via their online store and didn't hear anything back for over 10 days. I decided to just file a return/refund via eBay.

Aquacave finally wrote back via eBay and said they'll fix it if I return it, not refund it. I said no way. I submitted a help ticket almost two weeks ago and heard nothing, so bought the same model from another vendor. They said again they wouldn't refund it. They then said "Hi, I'm sorry but we did not receive any correspondence from you on March 6th.". That's when I checked and realized they deleted my ticket. I had taken a screenshot of the ticket that morning 'cause my gut told me shady things were getting ready to happen here. I told them they were frauds and that they deleted my ticket and to give me a refund. I pasted the screenshot of the ticket and the deleted ticket. They then agreed.

WARNING. Do NOT do business with Aquacave. If they had handled the support ticket initially I would have agreed to a replacement or what not. But deleting support tickets and claiming they never got it and straight up lying to a customer is by far the worst experience I've ever had with a company. When they received it they said it was fine. Yeah right. STAY AWAY. Buy Real Safe is a better way to go.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ticket.jpg (21.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg ticket_deleted.jpg (24.2 KB, 45 views)
moogoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2017, 07:22 PM   #2
Dealseer
Registered Member

As has been said many times before, I stopped shopping AC for similar reasons.

Dealseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2017, 07:28 PM   #3
blueclam99
Registered Member

That is not good. I bought the ESV bionic magnesium (4 gallon bucket) weeks ago from Aquacave via an EBay. According to the FedEx tracking, the packaged was damaged during the transit. It stated they were trying to contact the seller. The message was dated on March 30. I contacted the seller to send me the replacement. I haven't heard anything. Thank you mongoose. I think I will have to take the action instead of waiting. My coral are not happy

blueclam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2017, 07:29 PM   #4
Potatohead
Registered Member

I've ordered twice from them and have never had a problem. Both items (a skimmer and a GHL doser) I admittedly ordered because nobody else had stock.

Potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2017, 09:48 AM   #5
blueclam99
Registered Member

This morning I found out that the seller (aqua cave) responded via eBay and will send me the replacement. Years ago we bought the calcium reactor from aqua cave, but the chamber was cracked during the transit. They send me the replacement without any problems. Later I contacted them a few times since my huge reef system was responding well as far as the parameter. He was very patient and gave me lots of good advice. I believe it is the good company.

blueclam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2017, 10:23 AM   #6
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Moogoos,
I apologize about the issues you had with your reactor. We have different employees handle Ebay and website orders so it's best to stick to the same platform when corresponding regarding your order. This way all the communications will be handled in the timely matter.
I checked the status of your return and it looks like your received a return label from us and the refund has been processed in full through your Ebay account.
Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Albert Andrasz
www.aquacave.com

Unread 04/10/2017, 08:39 PM   #7
moogoos
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCave View Post
Moogoos,
We have different employees handle Ebay and website orders so it's best to stick to the same platform when corresponding regarding your order.

So the guys handling support for the website based tickets, ignore those support tickets there and suck. The eBay guys are prompt at responding and also good at deleting support tickets on the other system they're not supposed to be on and are the good ones? Is that what you're saying?

How about owning up to it and not blaming the customer that used your website support system to try and get something resolved. A totally reasonable route.

Once again you and your response, prove to me exactly what the problem is and why I'll never buy from you again and hope others don't as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04/10/2017, 09:42 PM   #8
billwill
Registered Member

Albert's response seems reasonable to me. eBay and their website are two different business ventures. I've ordered from aquacave many times through the years and never had an issue.

billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/12/2017, 11:06 AM   #9
moogoos
Registered Member

They're not separate business ventures. They're two store fronts to the same place.

Unread 04/12/2017, 11:07 AM   #10
Dealseer
Registered Member

Exactly

Dealseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/12/2017, 11:47 AM   #11
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Moogoos,
I'm in no way trying to reflect blame back on customer. This was a mix up on our end and we take full responsibility for it. We issued a return label and gave you full refund for the reactor even though we could not find anything wrong with it.

Albert Andrasz

Unread 04/12/2017, 11:48 AM   #12
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Dealseer,
Please state what is the issue that you've had with our store. I would like to look into it and see if we can address it.

Albert Andrasz

Unread 04/15/2017, 01:03 AM   #13
Darthv247
Registered Member

I have had no problems with aquacave in any of my orders. would recommend them.

Darthv247 is offline   Reply With Quote