Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aqua Cave
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/21/2017, 03:04 PM   #1
125mph
Registered Member

Lied to by AquaCave, at least be straight up

I ordered a Giesemann Aurora 60" for $2428 during the presidents day sale.. Was marked at 10% off...

After placing the order, I got hassled with credit card issues because AquaCave wouldnt ship it to my work address and told me to call my credit card company.

Called them and got that all fixed up.. An hour later, I noticed their site updated the pricing to $2699. Apparently its an MAP item and cannot be discounted.

I got an email from AquaCave saying the unit is out of stock from the manufacturer and they will cancel the order... LOL...

How funny.. Its in stock everywhere and I checked with Gieseman through a contact at the LFS, he said they are still in stock.

I guess AquaCave didn't want to deal with telling a customer they messed up on discounting an MAP item.. Instead, just take the easy road and pretend its out of stock; cancel they order. (Actually still shows up in stock on their website too.)

I'm utterly reminded why I usually only order from reputable places like Marine Depot and BRS, and not small shops like AC.

Synergy Reef CL44 Sump | Neptune Apex

Last edited by 125mph; 02/21/2017 at 03:10 PM.
125mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Dealseer
Registered Member

FWIW, I avoid AC for similar reasons. No trust.

Dealseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2017, 03:28 PM   #3
windlasher
Registered Member

Good to know - I was about to order a pump from them. I'll look elsewhere.

windlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2017, 05:42 PM   #4
Desert Sea
Registered Member

I had a similar issue back during the Black Friday sales with them. Normally if your a registered purchaser with them you get "points" based on the sale price of the item which equates to a 5% discount for future purchases. I went to make a sizable purchase and noticed that the number of "points" only equated to about a 1% discount. When I called to inquire about the discrepancy, I was told that their policy has always been 1% discount. This is not true as I had made other purchases in the past and received "aqua points" that equated to a 5% discount. Needless to say I made my purchase with another retailer that offered 10% discount on top of the manufacturer's discount. I no longer give Aquacave my business as I feel they weren't standing by their own policy and found that particular maneuver misleading.

Desert Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2017, 07:22 PM   #5
Dealseer
Registered Member

Notice the radio silence from Aqua Cave.

Dealseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2017, 08:21 PM   #6
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

125 mph,
I apologize about the fixture being out of stock. Your order cancellation had noting to do with the discount. We do not play games. You can verify the availability of these fixtures directly with Coralvue, their only distributor.

Dealseer,
Please let me know what specific trust issue you are referring to. I'm sure we can have it resolved.

Albert Andrasz
www.aquacave.com

Unread 03/08/2017, 08:27 PM   #7
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Desert Sea,
Around holidays, when we offer higher direct discount we may choose to reduce percentage of points you will accumulate on your order. These changes are clearly posted on every page of our website at the time you are placing your order. Your shopping cart will also give you summary of points you will receive for every order before you finalize it.

Albert Andrasz
www.aquacave.com

Unread 03/08/2017, 10:05 PM   #8
LX20000
Registered Member

So did he get the light for 10% off ?

LX20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2017, 06:36 PM   #9
Desert Sea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCave View Post
Desert Sea,
Around holidays, when we offer higher direct discount we may choose to reduce percentage of points you will accumulate on your order. These changes are clearly posted on every page of our website at the time you are placing your order. Your shopping cart will also give you summary of points you will receive for every order before you finalize it.

Albert Andrasz
www.aquacave.com
Aqua Cave,

This hobby is loaded with manufacturers that want to play the MAP pricing game. So when the time comes that these items get discounted it's because the manufacturers are discounting the price, not the retailers. The decision to reduce the percentage of points earned is entirely Aqua Cave's prerogative. But as a consumer, when every retail outlet sells the same product for the same price, the only way competition is introduced into the equation is by the service and perks offered by the individual retailer. By reducing the percentage of accumulated points, Aqua Cave is making other retailers who offer more points, resulting in a larger discount, more competitive. If the other retailers can offer the same product at the same sale price and still maintain their accumulated points discount policy, they are going to get the sale over a retailer who doesn't.

Desert Sea is offline   Reply With Quote