Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/01/2014, 06:42 PM   #1
machodik
Registered Member

Aquarium plant.com.......worst after sales service

Dear All,

I came to know the regulator of AQUARIUM PLANT.COM thru the posting I read here in RC. and because of the highly recomemded by most of the members here, I give it a try and bought it last end of november thru the help of my good buddy. but when I bought it back and discovered that one of the gauges is faulty. have send my querry with aquarium plant.com and I got a prompt reply from a certain person by the name of Mark and this reply is only ones and nothing follow inspite of my repeated several mails to them, they just keep quite and never ever response again. is this their after sales services? I though in the US, sellers are so good to assist whatever the problem their clients has on their products.

I have opted to buy their regulator because of the highly recomemdation here in RC. I understand, I may be the less fortunate guys to have a faulty gauges and I don't. blame for that, as this may happened in all products , but I just wanted is their showing of their responsibility to answer and assist on how to solve the issue. this is so disappointing to me, considering I am so far away from US.

They claim their regulator is the most precise in the world! but I saw their gauges seems to the cheapest piece made in China, their adaptor is also made in China too. considering they are selling the most expensive regulator in the world. I guess, they need to use the much better quality for their spare part. they claim this is Made in the USA.....but I can see majority of their spare parts are from CHINA.

at first, I insisted to buy their regulator inspite of my good buddy hesistating to do so, as he said there's bad review on this company. but at the end, he bought it for me, as he feels I wanted it desperately. so now, I eat the fruits of my Action.

I hope Mark , if you have the chance to read this posting, please responded to the mail that send from Taiwan. at least , wiping out my mind and impression on the bad service towards your company.

I am just hoping that I will trully believed you have a good regulator, but customer service is something that seller has to put more attention with, specially your regulator is very expensive one. if you loose their faith then you loose everything.

sorry to post this message , as I feel so bad with my repeated mail to you and never answered back.

Just sharing my experiences with all of you outthere. I beleived what I experiences may be much different from others but I hope I will be the last one , as I always trusted US made has the highiest quality and services...."in the world"

cheers,

Current Tank Info: 90cmx60cmx60cm (420 liters total volume), 12mm thick tampered glass aquariums , Eheim compact +5000, Jns SK2 protein skimmer, T5 x 4 x39 watt (2 blue , 2 white), MP40WES, SEIO 1000, TLF 150 *2 + 550 *1
machodik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2014, 08:13 PM   #2
James77
Registered Member

Try calling them. Their response time stinks with email, but calling I had an immediate response. They are not the best with communication, but they have followed through with me. For me I had purchased a used "1st generation" (my own classification, they have had a total of 3 different styles out) regulator locally that was several months old. I sent it in due to a stuck and ticking gauge. They replaced it with a brand new current model.

Should it be painful to get service on any product? No. But try calling them. I like the company. Their service is not the best as far as communication, but they do stand behind their product.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2014, 08:28 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

I'm not sure when you have been emailing but in the US, many companies shut down from XMAS through the new year. My business for example shut down on the 23rd and won't reopen until Jan 6 but we do check our emails during that time and our tech is available as he always is 24x7. I'm not trying to make an excuse for them but the holiday shut down is common in many industries here in the US and that may account for the lack of responses to your emails.

Did you buy your regulator new or used? I've heard nothing but good things about their product so I would expect you should be able to get it repaired if you send it back but being in Taiwan, I know that is not very convenient. Best of luck getting this resolved.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote