Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/14/2010, 11:44 PM   #1
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Whats up

This place is way to quiet and we all need to take a few minutes of our evening when we are already on here to post something and keep this forum live and going. I see most of us here daily but don't see daily posts from most of us, myself included because I don't always take the time to think of something to post. If we don't all take a few minutes of the time we are online to post something here then this forum will die and then we will not have STARS. I don't think any of us want that to happen. I can only speak for myself but I want to see STARS grow and continue to move forward.

I think any of you that have already posted in the STARS forum would like to see the same, but it can only happen if we all give a little time to make it happen.

Thanks to all for reading this.
John

strayvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2010, 06:20 AM   #2
nmnative
Registered Member

John, I have to agree with you. The summer always seems to be a busy time for everyone, but most of us do check the forum daily. I have been putting off my water change lately and the skimmer/pump needs a good cleaning too. I hope to post some good quality pics with my new camera....Panasonic Lumix fZ35! It will take me awhile to figure out all the features, but I can't wait to try it out! At least I won't have to worry about my battery dying suddenly anymore. Got a new MAC pro too, guess it is the summer of electronics for us

nmnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2010, 08:24 AM   #3
psuedopimp
Registered Member

i hope you got a transfer cable with it...

Unread 06/15/2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedopimp View Post
First thing that popped into my head when reading Audrey's post.

Audrey- Im excited that you picked up a new macbook, you will love it (however there is about 5 million features on it that you will be continuously discovering, I know I am). Enjoy the computer

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Jay508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2010, 01:12 PM   #5
nmnative
Registered Member

Haha, I knew I would get some heat about the transfer cable! I have always settled for the low end digital camera, so I am excited about trying out all of the neat features for both image and video capture

Unfortunately, the new computer will be in Australia with the hubby starting Monday and I will be stuck with the old Mac and Dell computers and the new camera! Oh well, c'est la vie!

Unread 06/15/2010, 07:16 PM   #6
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Wow the first thing that came to mind for me while reading Audrey's post was also the transfer cable. I don't even bother to use the cable, just pull the card out and stick it in the slot and away we go.

I will have to agree with you Audrey, I think all of us check the forum at some point just about daily, while checking it we should all make it a point to try to say something in at least one thread or maybe even start a new one if something comes to mind.

Thanks for the posts guys oh and gal.

Unread 06/15/2010, 08:33 PM   #7
TimGentry
Registered Member

I'm here. I keep looking at the 135gal I picked up in Phoenix that's in the Garage every morning when I go to work and wishing I had it set up in the house already but that's a ways down the road.

Current Tank Info: 100g Mixed Reef
TimGentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2010, 08:45 PM   #8
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGentry View Post
I'm here. I keep looking at the 135gal I picked up in Phoenix that's in the Garage every morning when I go to work and wishing I had it set up in the house already but that's a ways down the road.
Tim, whats the hold up? Do we need to knock some holes in some walls? It can be arranged. Anything the club can do to help you get her up please don't hesitate to ask. I don't think Im being to forward by speaking for others but there is some very capable individuals in the club that I think would be more than willing to help out.

No where does it say that we can have only one build going on at a time.

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Unread 06/15/2010, 09:18 PM   #9
stanger50lx92
Registered Member

Whats up

Hey Tim, count me in! You gave me my very first coral and it's still doing great! Anything I can do just let me know and I'll come running!
Let me know
Freddy

stanger50lx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2010, 09:30 PM   #10
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayvoltage View Post
This place is way to quiet and we all need to take a few minutes of our evening when we are already on here to post something and keep this forum live and going.
Sometimes I think I post too much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedopimp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay508 View Post
I don't think Im being to forward by speaking for others but there is some very capable individuals in the club that I think would be more than willing to help out.

No where does it say that we can have only one build going on at a time.
Agree and count me in to help out any way I can, Tim.

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2010, 09:56 PM   #11
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Jay- where do the smiles come from? I know your hiding a website or something up your sleeve....

Unread 06/15/2010, 10:00 PM   #12
TimGentry
Registered Member

Thanks for the response guys but we have to put new tile in the living room first. that's where the new tank will go. got some work to do on the stand and several items to buy(lights, skimmer etc.) first before it goes up. Anyone good at drilling holes in glass? Gonna need to put in a overflow.
Believe me guys, when the time comes for help, I'll be shouting loud! I do appreciate the offers though.

Unread 06/15/2010, 10:04 PM   #13
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Jaymait- I don't think you post to much, in fact I am glad you are back and posting again after you took about six months off. You know you are really the first one I ever made actual contact with. It was at my first meeting at Ryan's house on NMSU campus and I didn't know what to expect so I brought a six pac of Pacificos. You had one with me and made me feel comfortable.

Thank you, sorry to get sentimental but am really glad you are part of STARS.

Many more to come..

Unread 06/15/2010, 10:19 PM   #14
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay508 View Post
Many more to come..
For sure!!

Thanks and I remember that meeting well!! I could tell you were as dedicated to this hobby as anyone could be and of course, all “Jay’s” are cool!!!!!

Just for you!!!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys_people.html
http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/smileys1.html

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
Unread 06/15/2010, 10:40 PM   #15
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Sweet, thanks for the link. Im subscribing....

Unread 06/15/2010, 11:20 PM   #16
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Hey Tim when you are ready give a shout I am more than willing to come help with whatever you need help with as long as I am able to get over there. That dang jay508 thinks he can just speak for everyone in STARS and offer up anybody that you want to pick, I think he may be right and that any of us are more than willing to help a fellow reefer in any way wwe can at anytime we can do it. jay508 keep your messages to yourself and make sure others want to help b4 you offer them up to do it. LOL Of course everyone knows I am J/K with Jay

Jaymait, I don't think you post nearly enough so get off your butt and start saying more around here. I will have to agree with jay508, it is very nice to not only have you back here but also to have you with us at STARS and to have you on board as a member at large, what ever that means anyhow. LOL I do believe it has been a bit more than just six months but no matter how long it has been nice to have you back with us.

Unread 06/16/2010, 06:08 AM   #17
nmnative
Registered Member

Wow, that smiley site it neat, thanks Jaymait! I am looking for a rooster
I don't think there is such a thing as too much posting, it gets boring when there aren't any new posts when you check the forum. We don't want this forum to start looking like some of the other forums that I am subscribed to.

Help from others is a very nice benefit of this club. There are so many people willing to share their knowledge as well as lend a hand. Where is Daniel, Arnie, Steffen, Dennis and everyone else these days? Are you guys still lurking around?

Unread 06/16/2010, 02:56 PM   #18
nmnative
Registered Member

I deleted my screw up! Yippee!!

Unread 06/16/2010, 02:59 PM   #19
nmnative
Registered Member

Oh crap, that didn't work at all! How about a "how to paste smileys for dumb dumbs" lesson? I don't even think I can edit that last post...ugh, I'm getting back to looking like I'm working!

Unread 06/16/2010, 07:25 PM   #20
deehz
Registered Member

I have been here as well, not posting though. Just been busy taking care of some very demanding and deflating work issues. Oh well enough w/sad wine and cheese story.

I agree with John, the fastest way to get a club going and destroyed to the ground is communication. Regardless if it is on the forum or the club meetings, communication is paramount. It was sad seeing a club go down the drain fast back home after it had thrived w/members and donations for so long, only for it to down in blazing glory because of communication or lack there of.

I hope to see many of you at this up and coming meeting. It is on the 27th correct and not this coming weekend right?

Thanks!

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi
deehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2010, 08:33 PM   #21
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnative View Post
Oh crap, that didn't work at all! How about a "how to paste smileys for dumb dumbs" lesson?
Audrey – When you go to those websites, right click the image, select properties, and copy the url for the image. Place that between [img*]web -address - here[*/img] (remove * from the code). Give that a try!!

Jay

Unread 06/17/2010, 09:13 AM   #22
nmnative
Registered Member

Thanks Jay!

Attached Images
File Type: gif rooster.gif (6.6 KB, 39 views)
Unread 06/17/2010, 09:14 AM   #23
nmnative
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmait769 View Post
Audrey

Jay
Hey! Is that what my hair looks like?

Unread 06/17/2010, 12:22 PM   #24
psuedopimp
Registered Member

you guys are way to funny to be reading at work.

I always thought jay was a top secret smiley developer for the military. he always seems to find the perfect ones.

Unread 06/17/2010, 03:59 PM   #25
TimGentry
Registered Member

Anyone ever drilled out holes in an aquarium before?
The tank I bought has 4 holes drilled in the base which I'm planning on using as a closed loop but I'm going to have to put holes in the back for the overflo.