Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/25/2018, 09:55 AM   #1
mpderksen
Registered Member

Bad fixture or bulbs

I just got my T5 fixture from BRS. I got the one that fits my AI LEDs in the middle. As I assembled, I put 2 ATI bulbs in one of the fixtures, got a small pulse of light, then nothing. Hmmm. The other worked fine. I put the first 2 bulbs in the other fixture and they don’t light. I find you need both in to work, but after a series of combinations, I found that 2 of the 4 ATI bulbs are dead. Is this really possible or maybe the new fixture damaged them when I first plugged them in? Seems like a real long shot to have 2 bad bulbs in 1 order......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mpderksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Misled
RC Mod

It is possible. Are you talking about the Aquaticlife fixture? I have one and the ballasts seem pretty good. Contact BRS.

Unread 08/25/2018, 02:21 PM   #3
mpderksen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misled View Post
It is possible. Are you talking about the Aquaticlife fixture? I have one and the ballasts seem pretty good. Contact BRS.

Right, that’s the one. Curious if the initial plugging in could have “popped” the T5 bulbs, or “blown” them? Now I can put the 2 working bulbs into either side and the light up just fine. Also, if I put 1 bad one with 1 good one, I get nothing. Is that how this works? I have a double bulb standard fluorescent fixture in my garage, and I think when 1 bulb goes out the other goes really dim, but not completely out.
I got 4, Blue Plus. What are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mpderksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2018, 05:28 PM   #4
Misled
RC Mod

Yes it can. You should see shipping companies throw packages around. Both bulbs can be bad.
Mine isn't up yet. But I have been redesigning it.