Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/31/2020, 12:35 AM   #1
gareth.hubbarde
Registered Member

Lps pellets

Do you feed your lps corals and if so do you use pellets? What's the best food for them, lps pellets or reef roids? Reef roids probably better value as can feed everything even if its jus put in the water. Is it as good as feeding directly with pellets?

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

gareth.hubbarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2020, 06:48 AM   #2
ROlympia
Registered Member

My lobo and favia's would not accept pellets. I feed them bits of fish or the bigger pieces from the Rod's products.

ROlympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2020, 08:38 AM   #3
cody6766
Super Best Friends!

I don't feed directly and have had a lot of good growth. They pick up on food bits when I feed my fish, but that's it. I've target-fed them in the past and, while cool to watch, I've found it to be completely unnecessary.

Current Tank Info: Cadlights 60G Arisan II mixed reef with 2x MP40s and 24" ATI
cody6766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2020, 09:58 AM   #4
billdogg
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody6766 View Post
I don't feed directly and have had a lot of good growth. They pick up on food bits when I feed my fish, but that's it. I've target-fed them in the past and, while cool to watch, I've found it to be completely unnecessary.

^^^This^^^

Anemones, if you have any, will appreciate an occasional piece of something meaty. I haven't spot fed any corals in years. The exception to that would be NPS, but they are a lot of work IMO.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef with 40b sump, RO 150 skimmer, AI Sol Blue x 2, and a 60g Frag Tank with 100g rubbermaid sump. 2 x Kessil A360w lights, BM curve 5 skimmer
billdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2020, 10:38 AM   #5
Zionas
Registered Member

That’s good news for me. It looks like I won’t have to come up with a feeding regimen once I get my LPS corals.

Zionas is offline   Reply With Quote