Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/16/2017, 12:43 PM   #1
alienz
Registered Member

Old school Osmolator versus Nano Osmolator pump strength

I was planning on using the Tunze Calcium/Kalk Dispenser, but had read in an old thread that the Nano isn't really strong enough to kick up the Kalk slurry.

I do have a very old Osmolator, one with the dip switch inside rather than the adjustment knob.

But compared to the Nano the water flow, with the same pump, just isn't as strong.

Is this because it is just such an old unit? Do you still suggest not using the Nano with the Calcium reactor?

Thanks!

alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2017, 02:15 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It is not ideal, it has less flow and additionally the restriction will slow the top off so you may run into problems with the safety timer causing it to shut down. I also prefer having the added safety of the additional sensor with kalk since an overfill is an even bigger problem.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2017, 04:01 PM   #3
alienz
Registered Member

Thanks Roger, would you have any suggestions for replacing the round piece of plastic at the top of the overflow sensor that keeps the float from coming off?

alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2017, 04:17 PM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I have seen people use a zip tie with success, I can get you a clip if you cover the postage. I don't always have them as the only way the factory sells this part is a whole float switch, but I have a broken float now I can pull the clip from.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote