Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/22/2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Magnumpi5
Registered Member

Fish stocking help

I am looking for fish to go in a 50 gallon mixed reef. I have a cherub angel, a 6 line wrasse and a tomato clown. I was given these fish and I know they can be somewhat aggressive. I would really like to add 2-3 more fish to tank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Magnumpi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2018, 06:40 PM   #2
mike61289
Registered Member

I would take all 3 out and just start fresh so that I can have a more peaceful system, but I'm guessing that isn't an option.

Look into fish that can handle that level of aggression. Hawkfish will be able to take care of themselves. Banggai Cardinals should be able to defend themselves too.

Word of advice: add the 2 or 3 fish that you want simultaneously. That will reduce the amount of aggression that any individual fish will receive from the established inhabitants.

Unread 06/25/2018, 09:32 AM   #3
scooter31707
Registered Member

I agree, 50 gallon with those fish could end up in a nightmare. You could also look into some of the dottybacks and/or basslets. they are pretty good of up for themselves.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2018, 07:07 AM   #4
Hypert
Registered Member

I agree. Starting fresh is the best way to find success and be able to have the fish you want.

Hypert is offline   Reply With Quote