Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/01/2014, 04:31 PM   #1
Ajskennels
Registered Member

vortech firmware messed up

Hi All,
got my reef link today so i tried adding the vortechs, did just as the instructions said, got a error saying something like " os failed to write " I'm not exactly sure and haven't been able to duplicate the message because apparently the firmware is messed up, the pump still works but only in the constant mode (green) no leds light up, can't change modes, only speed up or down with the knob, any help would be appreciated. thanks

Ajskennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2014, 04:56 PM   #2
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajskennels View Post
Hi All,
got my reef link today so i tried adding the vortechs, did just as the instructions said, got a error saying something like " os failed to write " I'm not exactly sure and haven't been able to duplicate the message because apparently the firmware is messed up, the pump still works but only in the constant mode (green) no leds light up, can't change modes, only speed up or down with the knob, any help would be appreciated. thanks
I would suggest trying the update again. We released some major performance improvements later in the day that should help. Also, you might want to try putting more space between your pumps and your ReefLink. Believe it or not, it actually causes more problems if they are too close. You should make sure that all other pumps are off and that you are upgrading only one pump at a time.

Unread 10/01/2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Akkerman
Registered Member

Same issue

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem, received today my second vortech mp 40, ecosmart live found the device, and while updating the firmware, got an error message. Now the pump is in green constant light, and cant change the modes, can't update it, can't do anything. Tried everything - soft reset, hard reset, nothing works. Any help?

Akkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2014, 05:52 PM   #4
Ajskennels
Registered Member

i got it to work, it wouldn't do it unless the reef link was connected via usb to my mac, it didn't say anything about having it hooked up like that, i have the RL connected to my router via ethernet and theres a good 60' from the tank room to the computer room

Ajskennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2014, 06:43 AM   #5
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkerman View Post
Hi, I've got exactly the same problem, received today my second vortech mp 40, ecosmart live found the device, and while updating the firmware, got an error message. Now the pump is in green constant light, and cant change the modes, can't update it, can't do anything. Tried everything - soft reset, hard reset, nothing works. Any help?
Akkerman,

I would recommend calling in today for more advanced troubleshooting.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2014, 04:54 PM   #6
Akkerman
Registered Member

Thank you Ajskennels for your advice, I've connected reef link via USB to my mac, and it immediately found my new pump and updated it without any problem, so your trick worked out for me. Thanks.

Akkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2019, 02:04 AM   #7
Jeremy725
Registered Member

Hey! So it's 2019...and I just received the RF Module and interested it correctly and am having THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE with the green constant only mode, have lost all my other options and no control of power levels by LED indicators. It will not update the firmware no matter what I try and I have been trying for many hours all day. I have done so many resets and moving around and sometimes it almost gets to the end but it then times out and "Fails to write the os" It has also now rendered my Vortech pretty much useless and I am pretty ****ed off as you might imagine. What's the deal Ecotech?! Definitely calling them tomorrow and they better be able to solve this as I just spent $150 on module and reef link when I had a perfectly operating OG model until this nonsense.

Current Tank Info: 28 Gallon JBJ. Radion G4 xr15 Pro, Vortech MP10, Bak Pak 2 Skimmer, Clown, Coral Banded, CUC, GSP
Jeremy725 is offline   Reply With Quote