Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 11/12/2019, 08:27 AM   #3051
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Thank you Slief,

the new SM300 did NOT come with the 90 degree elbow that connects to the red hose for ozone in the fitting that is near the wedge pipe??

SM 250 has this elbow that I am talking about.

Thanks
The ozone connection on the 300 goes straight from the ozone nozzle on the pump to the tube connection on the wedge pipe support with no elbow needed. See attached photos below.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 11/12/2019 at 08:36 AM.
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2019, 09:20 PM   #3052
sensei
Registered Member

Slief,

The tip you gave me of raising the level of the sump for the SM250 is working great. The level of the bubbles was stable before, but now that the sump level is higher I opened the wedge pipe a little more and I see much more particles in the skimate. Thanks a lot.

In addition I have the new SM 300 in sump and have both skimmers working in the system now. the SM 300 is breaking in.
I saw several videos in of people working with SM skimmers at a sump level of 28cm so my SM300 is working at that level and seems to be doing fine. I have the pump set up at 50W, the only thing I noticed is that the bubbles in the SM300 are bigger near the top of the collection cup and the bubbles in the SM250 are smaller. Does the size of the bubbles have anything to do with pump speed?

best regards

best regards

sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2019, 10:07 PM   #3053
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Slief,

The tip you gave me of raising the level of the sump for the SM250 is working great. The level of the bubbles was stable before, but now that the sump level is higher I opened the wedge pipe a little more and I see much more particles in the skimate. Thanks a lot.

In addition I have the new SM 300 in sump and have both skimmers working in the system now. the SM 300 is breaking in.
I saw several videos in of people working with SM skimmers at a sump level of 28cm so my SM300 is working at that level and seems to be doing fine. I have the pump set up at 50W, the only thing I noticed is that the bubbles in the SM300 are bigger near the top of the collection cup and the bubbles in the SM250 are smaller. Does the size of the bubbles have anything to do with pump speed?

best regards

best regards
Drop the pump speed on the 300 to 46 or so watts. Maybe a bit lower. 50w is too high in my opinion. That will help the bubble size. You want the bubbles smaller. The fact that the skimmer is just breaking in will also impact the bubble size as will the load relative to the skimmer size which with the equivalent of a 550mm skimmer on your size tank will likely be an issue anyways once the skimmers drop the load.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote