Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/12/2016, 12:09 AM   #1
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Broken Aquamaxx CO-1

I just purchased the Aquamaxx CO-1 protein skimmer from you guys via Amazon, paid for 2 day shipping, and received it today. The leg is broken off of the base of the skimmer during transport. It appears as if the pump was not secured well enough and caused the damage to the skimmer. Here are the photos. I also sent you an email through your website as well.

Vince Ninemire

Current Tank Info: Frag tank at the moment, planning another
mr9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2016, 10:54 AM   #2
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Smile Broken Aquamaxx CO-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr9iron View Post
I just purchased the Aquamaxx CO-1 protein skimmer from you guys via Amazon, paid for 2 day shipping, and received it today. The leg is broken off of the base of the skimmer during transport. It appears as if the pump was not secured well enough and caused the damage to the skimmer. Here are the photos. I also sent you an email through your website as well.

Vince Ninemire
Hi Vince,

Thank you for your post and for shopping with Marine Depot (by way of Amazon). I am very saddened to hear your new protein skimmer arrived in that condition.

Since your order was fulfilled by Amazon, you'll need to work with them directly on the return since Amazon has their own return policies. They'll likely need to file a claim with the shipping courier due to the damage and may outright replace the skimmer rather than send replacement parts.

You may have already heard back from our support department regarding the email you'd send yesterday night, but I wanted to make sure your post here on RC was also acknowledged and that you know your satisfaction is important to us.

We encourage you, if it's not too inconvenient, to keep us apprised of how Amazon handles this situation so we can ensure that they take good care of you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Sincerely yours,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2016, 11:45 AM   #3
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Jeff, my only option is to return the skimmer, and I don't want to do this as my tank has been skimmerless for a week, and is suffering because of it. My only hope was to get a replacement set of feet, which does not seem possible. I just went ahead and glued it so I can get the skimmer into action. I understand the legal side of this issue, but cannot let my tank suffer any longer without the skimmer. Thanks anyway.

Unread 02/12/2016, 12:50 PM   #4
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Smile AquaMaxx CO-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr9iron View Post
Jeff, my only option is to return the skimmer, and I don't want to do this as my tank has been skimmerless for a week, and is suffering because of it. My only hope was to get a replacement set of feet, which does not seem possible. I just went ahead and glued it so I can get the skimmer into action. I understand the legal side of this issue, but cannot let my tank suffer any longer without the skimmer. Thanks anyway.
Thank you for the swift response. It seems odd the tank would decline so quickly without a protein skimmer assuming everything else is properly maintained. I understand that the feet are sold separately for a nominal fee, but hopefully your repair works so that you don't have to swap anything out.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2016, 01:13 PM   #5
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
Thank you for the swift response. It seems odd the tank would decline so quickly without a protein skimmer assuming everything else is properly maintained. I understand that the feet are sold separately for a nominal fee, but hopefully your repair works so that you don't have to swap anything out.

I can assure you the tank is properly maintained. However, it is a frag tank that I feed heavily so that the corals grow faster so that they can be placed in the 280 gallon reef. I am sure my repair will work, although I am a dissatisfied that the feet were broken during shipping. It seems as I have read another thread here on RC where the same thing happened. In the end I was hoping to resolve this issue without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. But, it is what it is at this point.

Unread 02/12/2016, 06:22 PM   #6
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Ok, so the nominal fee for new feet is $50. So, I would have to pay that for broken feet on a new skimmer that I just bought. Probably not going to happen. Secondly, I finally am able how to figure out how to "contact Amazon", and after doing so through the Amazon website I get yet another email from Marine Depot, through Amazon, saying that they cannot resolve this situation, and that I have to contact Amazon. I thought that is what I done.

Anyway, my frustration is growing.

Unread 02/13/2016, 10:58 PM   #7
lantonini
Registered Member

Mr9iron.
Amazon return policy is pretty straight forward. Go to your orders and file a return and say the item is damaged. Amazon will allow you to return the item to them and they pay shipping back to them also. You at the same time order the new skimmer. Once ups/fedex picks up the return and scans the tracking your account will be credited.

lantonini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2016, 10:58 PM   #8
lantonini
Registered Member

Hope this helps.

lantonini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2016, 03:09 PM   #9
AndrewNC
Registered Member

Amazon has always been awesome at returns for me. That's why I love buying from there.

Ups can either pick it up or you can drop it off. Like lantonini mentioned, you'll be credited as soon as they scan the item.

AndrewNC is offline   Reply With Quote