Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/10/2021, 02:13 PM   #1
vsiege
Registered Member

Preferred food of young clownfish

I just picked up some young clownfish and was wondering what everyone prefers to feed them. I have a variety of fish food but thought I'd check here to see whatbthe community is feeding. Thanks

Old 01/11/2021, 06:55 AM   #2
humphreyhh
Registered Member

If they are just small (pre-mature) clownfish, I saw my friend used to grind normal fish food and feed them those smaller bits. But if they are still clownfish babies... then itís gonna be harder. You might need to get rotifers to feed them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2021, 11:09 AM   #3
vsiege
Registered Member

Hi,

Thank you. They are about 1/4" long. I bought cyclopods (super small) and brine shrimp (with spirilina) yesterday. They seem to be ok with the brine while the cyclopods gets them excited, but they don't necessarily eat it. We'll see how the next couple of days go. Thanks for your suggestions. Might grind up the 1mm pellets I have.

Old 01/11/2021, 11:13 AM   #4
humphreyhh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsiege View Post
Hi,

Thank you. They are about 1/4" long. I bought cyclopods (super small) and brine shrimp (with spirilina) yesterday. They seem to be ok with the brine while the cyclopods gets them excited, but they don't necessarily eat it. We'll see how the next couple of days go. Thanks for your suggestions. Might grind up the 1mm pellets I have.

Glad you got something thatís working for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2021, 11:29 AM   #5
vsiege
Registered Member