Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/23/2013, 07:42 AM   #1
pascal32
Registered Member

Radion Clamp Mount

Good morning! Finally getting my tank running with a radion pro Looking at mounts the nicest one shows up in a few places, however I can't find it for sale. Is this available for purchase?

thanks!

see attached picture

Innovate Marine says the clamps are available from ecotech: http://youtu.be/TDTNffvjRQ0

Slightly different mount at ecotech booth:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg nuvo-shallow-reef-7.jpg (37.6 KB, 70 views)
Unread 11/23/2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Constrictor6090
Registered Member

I saw these a couple weeks back, I don't believe they're currently selling them.

Unread 11/24/2013, 08:31 AM   #3
GlassMunky
Moved On

i was under the impression that ecotech had them specially made just for shows……...

GlassMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2013, 10:19 AM   #4
pascal32
Registered Member

that would be a shame - they look fantastic!

Unread 11/24/2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Bandomo
Registered Member

They're made by My Reef Creation and cost $1,500

Bandomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2013, 10:49 PM   #6
pascal32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandomo View Post
They're made by My Reef Creation and cost $1,500
I saw those and they looked different. understanding there are material, manufacturing costs, overhead & profit to be made, $1500 seems steep

Unread 11/24/2013, 11:04 PM   #7
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

The clamps pictured [above] from MACNA as well as the ones in the Innovative Marine product video were in fact custom made for trade show / publication purposes.

From what I've heard, My Reef Creations does in fact made a custom bracket (not pictured) for a multiple light installation- being solid acrylic, these mounts don't come cheap.

Know that while there are various obstacles in making an aquarium mounting solution for the Radion fixtures, your requests and suggestions haven't fallen on deaf ears!

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2013, 11:42 PM   #8
pascal32
Registered Member

Thanks. I made a mount for my new tank, glad to hear the folks at ecotech are looking at options!

Unread 02/08/2018, 03:12 PM   #9
Bracka345
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Service View Post
The clamps pictured [above] from MACNA as well as the ones in the Innovative Marine product video were in fact custom made for trade show / publication purposes.

From what I've heard, My Reef Creations does in fact made a custom bracket (not pictured) for a multiple light installation- being solid acrylic, these mounts don't come cheap.

Know that while there are various obstacles in making an aquarium mounting solution for the Radion fixtures, your requests and suggestions haven't fallen on deaf ears!
Hello Ecotech, So will this mount ever be available? This is what i need to be able to add another two xr30s to my rimless tank.

Bracka345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2018, 08:11 PM   #10
jccaclimber
Registered Member

^Comments about zombie threads aside, the RMS mounting is basically a more adjustable version of this, and was released the year after this thread ended.

I made a couple aluminum ones for people back in 2013 or so, and there were the expensive (but nice) acrylic ones above. I'm sure if you were willing to pay what those cost it wouldn't be hard to get IM or even an acrylic fab place to make another, but the RMS is much cheaper and readily available.

jccaclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2018, 07:29 PM   #11
Bracka345
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccaclimber View Post
^Comments about zombie threads aside, the RMS mounting is basically a more adjustable version of this, and was released the year after this thread ended.

I made a couple aluminum ones for people back in 2013 or so, and there were the expensive (but nice) acrylic ones above. I'm sure if you were willing to pay what those cost it wouldn't be hard to get IM or even an acrylic fab place to make another, but the RMS is much cheaper and readily available.
I currently have 2 rms mounts now but need a 3rd so i can run 3 lights on my 5' tank. problem im having is that i have a synergy overflow preventing me from using a rms mount to mount the 3rd light in the middle and i dont like the looks of the rms rail mount systems that mounts on the sides of the tank.

Unread 03/22/2018, 07:36 PM   #12
jccaclimber
Registered Member

What about an RMS mount with a rail going the long way, or do you really want two arms coming off of the back? Even with two off the back it wouldn't be hard to rig a longer rail across them.

jccaclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2018, 08:40 AM   #13
Bracka345
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccaclimber View Post
What about an RMS mount with a rail going the long way, or do you really want two arms coming off of the back? Even with two off the back it wouldn't be hard to rig a longer rail across them.
Yeah I want to keep the arms coming off the back of the tank. Guess I will have to try and fabricate a rail to work with the rms arms.