Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > SCUBA/Snorkeling
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/26/2017, 10:40 AM   #1
Kengar
Registered Member

Recommendations for "Thrifty" Accommodations in Palau?

I am considering a stopover in Palau on way back from next business trip to Japan, to get in some diving. 20 years ago, I stayed at Palau Pacific Resort before and after diving on the Peter Hughes boat, but really just want some basic diver-friendly accommodations in an area not too far from airport (Koror), as well as recommendations for a decent operation running day boats. (This would be a quick fix.......).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Unread 05/26/2017, 06:26 PM   #2
hogfanreefer
Registered Member

Sorry I can't help. Just wanted to post to express my jealousy and to plead for pictures/video when you get back!

Current Tank Info: DSA 155 gallon, mixed reef, SPS and wrasse dominant
hogfanreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2017, 09:44 PM   #3
DivingTheWorld
Registered Member

Palau Pacific is generally the nicest and most expensive. We've never stayed there, but I've walked around the resort. We have stayed a couple times at the Palau Royal Resort which is very nice and less expensive. They have a cool saltwater pond on the grounds with various tropical fish and a turtle. They also have a little lagoon for swimming and snorkeling.

I don't think there is much by the airport other than people's houses. Most all the resorts are by the dive charters, but that's only about 15 minutes from the airport. It's a small place!

For diving, we've gone with both Fish & Fins and Sams Tours. I recommend Fish & Fins. The guests are more international and the guides are all locals and much friendlier. You can dive one day or all week.

Have fun! Palau is our favorite dive destination.

Unread 07/16/2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Kengar
Registered Member

couldn't get flights using "saver fare" frequent flier miles to line up. So, no diving this time Maybe next.....

Yes, PPR is awesome! Met the boat (Peter Hughes) there on the beginning end of the trip and stayed overnight one night on the tail end of the trip. But on a budget, certainly not the place to stay....