Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/08/2019, 12:54 PM   #276
RobbyG
Registered Member

I have been researching the hell out of this for the last two days and I am really impressed! I also started to crunch some numbers on using my test kits and probe replacement like Salinity, pH and Oxygen and how much do a spend on them per year. I came to the conclusion that the price for the mindstream is certainly more expensive than testing twice a week like I do now, but it is much closer if I was to do daily testing and its a better deal than doing testing two to three times a day and if I look at it from the point of tests happening every 15 minutes. It's insanely cheaper at that point!

So I have joined the very brave souls club and ordered one. After the research I no longer feel like it's so much about being brave in terms of it working or being accurate but I do worry about the dependency on the company to make money and stay alive in order for my system to keep working.

Rob

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2019, 12:55 PM   #277
Johnic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyG View Post
I have been researching the hell out of this for the last two days and I am really impressed! I also started to crunch some numbers on using my test kits and probe replacement like Salinity, pH and Oxygen and how much do a spend on them per year. I came to the conclusion that the price for the mindstream is certainly more expensive than testing twice a week like I do now, but it is much closer if I was to do daily testing and its a better deal than doing testing two to three times a day and if I look at it from the point of tests happening every 15 minutes. It's insanely cheaper at that point!

So I have joined the very brave souls club and ordered one. After the research I no longer feel like it's so much about being brave in terms of it working or being accurate but I do worry about the dependency on the company to make money and stay alive in order for my system to keep working.

Rob

Welcome to the club. Now we wait !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75 Lee Mar Peninsula Tank, Reef Octo Elite 150, Custom Advanced Acrylic Sump, (2) MP40, Vectra M2 Main Pump, (2) XR15 Pro, Clear Water ATS CW-50, Alkatronic,GHL Doser 2.1, Apex Neptune El with Trident
Johnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2019, 02:14 PM   #278
Darrell Brady
Registered Member

Have not received it yet hopefully there shipping next week.

Darrell Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2019, 02:21 PM   #279
Johnic
Registered Member

I have 8-10 week wait.

75 Lee Mar Peninsula Tank, Reef Octo Elite 150, Custom Advanced Acrylic Sump, (2) MP40, Vectra M2 Main Pump, (2) XR15 Pro, Clear Water ATS CW-50, Alkatronic,GHL Doser 2.1, Apex Neptune El with Trident
Unread 09/08/2019, 11:21 PM   #280
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnic View Post
I have 8-10 week wait.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am also on an 8-10 week wait period. I guess we can pray for something faster to happen but if not it's going to be a long two months.

Rob

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
Unread 09/08/2019, 11:58 PM   #281
Johnic
Registered Member

No doubt.

Unread 12/06/2019, 02:53 PM   #282
Opus123
Registered Member

And it looks like this is over!!!

Opus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2019, 03:20 PM   #283
Johnic
Registered Member

Is it ??

Unread 12/06/2019, 03:24 PM   #284
ycnibrc
STAG HORN DOMINATE REEF

Lol my friend got one and it doesn’t work he has been texting and email for a month and no answer from mind stream. If anyone want to buy the mindstream let me know :-)

ABC corals

Current Tank Info: 360g Peninsula sps
ycnibrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2019, 03:26 PM   #285
Johnic
Registered Member

Biggest scam ever then?

Unread 12/15/2019, 07:11 PM   #286
cklayko
Registered Member

I pre-ordered, never got one, just got the email from the ceo and saw the Facebook post, they closed shop and stole everyone's money!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cklayko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2019, 09:02 PM   #287
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnic View Post
Biggest scam ever then?

No it's not a scam. They ran into disk production issues and needed more funding to make Disks via automation. It seems as though they got the funding but the delay in setting it up triggered a bunch of internal issues and the investors pretty much pulled the plug. Most of the people who were waiting for a unit got refunded via their CC or PayPal. I got my money back after one week. They are in negotiations to hopefully sell the whole business to another company who hopefully will continue production. They have stated that those who received a unit will be made whole again when the sale takes place. As far as I know several companies are very interested in buying them out. The only fear is that they may just want the IP and in that case it may be years before we see another product like this again.

The servers are still running and those people who have a supply of disks are still getting data. If this was an outright scam I don't see them continuing to provide service and keep the lights on in the building.