Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/26/2015, 05:25 PM   #2751
SeattleReef
Registered Member

I believe that clack sound may be due to a broken shaft, you should open up your pumps and make sure the ceramic shaft is in one piece. I had this problem with both of my impeller shafts.

SeattleReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2015, 11:54 AM   #2752
ferchb
Registered Member

Hood Screws

I have had the 28 led pro for about a year. The guy I bought it from had disconnected 2 of the light strips because he thought the lighting was to strong. I want to go in and replace some of the leads with royal blues and reconnect the strips. All the screws holding the clear shield in place are corroded. I've tried to find replacements online but haven't seen any. Does anyone know where I can find them or what size they are to get a comparable at a hardware store? Does anyone have any tricks to prevent the corrosion?

ferchb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2015, 05:58 PM   #2753
Jrambo88
Registered Member

If you guys don't mind could people start posting pics of their tanks. I want to check out your Aqua scapes

Jrambo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2015, 03:36 PM   #2754
SeattleReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferchb View Post
I have had the 28 led pro for about a year. The guy I bought it from had disconnected 2 of the light strips because he thought the lighting was to strong. I want to go in and replace some of the leads with royal blues and reconnect the strips. All the screws holding the clear shield in place are corroded. I've tried to find replacements online but haven't seen any. Does anyone know where I can find them or what size they are to get a comparable at a hardware store? Does anyone have any tricks to prevent the corrosion?

I'm to lazy to look but the exact answer you are looking for is in this thread... I remember someone saying it 1/2'' #2 stainless steel screws or maybe #4, but that it worked. My screws are starting to rust a little too.

Also my clear light hood protector is starting to crack where the screws attach. I've opened the top many times and it must not like that.

Unread 02/27/2015, 03:48 PM   #2755
ferchb
Registered Member

Yeah I went through and found someone posted 1/2" #4 stainless screws. Apparently I have one that's stripped so I haven't gotten very far. Thinking of changing out some of the white leds for a combo of royal blue and blue. It would be easier to do it all at once.

Unread 02/27/2015, 04:01 PM   #2756
SeattleReef
Registered Member

I had two strips that went out a few weeks back but JBJ replaced them. However I'm going to take the two dead strips and also make them royal blue, blue and maybe UV. Then once I get it to work switch out two of the original strips which would then five me 4 strips of new lights with one 1 being original. A while back I posted a file that showed how I was thinking about replacing all 25 14k lights for a better color spectrum. However for now I have these two strips not in the tank that I can play with.

Unread 02/28/2015, 08:58 AM   #2757
ferchb
Registered Member

Yeah I remember reading your thread. I wasn't looking to replace all of mine just the two unplugged threads and just spread them out. I thought about putting in two uv but I don't know how much difference one or two leds would make. I figured by replacing the 10 the light will be stronger since the strip were disconnected and I'm only out $20.

Unread 02/28/2015, 11:14 AM   #2758
SeattleReef
Registered Member

Did you figure out what LED diodes you need to buy? I can't remember what the mA is.... 700 is what I think I read. I was also thinking about one red diode and one green diode on each strip.

Unread 02/28/2015, 09:36 PM   #2759
joker1857
Registered Member

Just finished reading 7 years worth of posts and what a wild ride that was. I got a great deal on a cf quad model. I know its not the best lighting option but should work with the easier corals im planning. I just have one question i didnt see addressed in the thread. I would like the hob-1skimmer and the cpr aquamax small fuge. The two together measure out to 20.5in which is to big to fit on the back. Without losing the media tray is there a good fuge/skimmer combo? If i can only fit one which one is more desirable? Thanks for the help in advance.

joker1857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2015, 03:45 PM   #2760
Jrambo88
Registered Member

Hey any of you jbj owners, I just set up my 28 gal and I bought the upgraded in tank media basket, what skimmer can I also get that this tank will accommodate both.

Unread 04/03/2015, 12:06 PM   #2761
Menedu
Registered Member

Aquamax!

Unread 04/06/2015, 11:13 AM   #2762
amygdala17
Registered Member

Looking at the Nano Cube. Had been thinking about getting the professional, but after poking around, thought maybe I should get the intermediate and swap out the lights with the kit from Steve's LEDs. Would that give me a similar effect to a Kessil-160? That's another route I'm thinking about taking the Nuvo 30L with Kessil's, which is obviously a more expensive proposition.

For now looking to do soft corals, lots of inverts, a couple of fish (clown and goby) with an anenome. But I like the the lighting control the Kessil's offer.

amygdala17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2015, 02:18 PM   #2763
Gagonzalez
Reef Fanatic

For those of you using an Ecotech Vortech MP10 in your tank. What setting and power level do you like best?

Current Tank Info: JBJ 28g Nano / Aquamaxx HOB-1 / TLF 150 with GFO/ Vortech MP10QD / JBJ ATO / In-Tank Basket / AI Hydra26
Gagonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2015, 07:11 PM   #2764
Menedu
Registered Member

I used the Yellow setting in mode 2 about 2/3 power.

Unread 04/16/2015, 11:11 AM   #2765
Mr_Quality
Premium Member

Old Reefer coming out of retirement

Hi all,

I retired from reef-keeping many years ago due to a heartbreaking crash of my 90g. Now I'm inspired to start up again on a smaller scale. Looks like much has changed. Here's the plan.

Setup
  • JBJ 28g NanoCube LED Aquarium - 27 Watt Intermediate
  • Caribsea Ocean Direct Live Sand Original - 40 lbs
  • CaribSea South Seas Aquascaping Base Rock - 10 lbs
  • Cobalt Aquatics Easy-Therm Submersible Heater - 100 Watt
  • Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget Ghost Protein Skimmer - DeskTop
  • JBJ Automatic Top Off System and Acella Powerhead

I suspect I can keep mushrooms, zooanthids, xenia, LPS, BT anemone, clown, gobie, shrimp...
Not sure if I can keep any SPS or a clam.

Am I heading in the right direction? Did I make any wrong turns?

Thanks,

Current Tank Info: JBJ 28g Intermediate LED
Mr_Quality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2015, 05:57 PM   #2766
Menedu
Registered Member

Hi Mr. Qualiy,

This setup should be adequate for everything you mentioned above, you are heading in the right direction!

Unread 05/14/2015, 11:16 AM   #2767
XtremeFromHell
Registered Member

What do you guys dose to keep these corals? Ive been using B-ionic part 1 and 2, I have success with xenias and mushrooms. i tried to buy a monti cap and it bleached out fairly quickly. I had it all the way at the bottom of the tank.. jbj HQi 28gallon

XtremeFromHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2015, 12:48 PM   #2768
Jrambo88
Registered Member

Here's my Jbj 28. All SPS and a clam.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.4 KB, 120 views)
Unread 05/22/2015, 07:56 AM   #2769
DESNJ
Registered Member

Dear All,
I have a 28G LED Intermediate and want to upgrade my lighting a bit. I thought adding a couple of 12" strips in between the stock LEDs (USA Truelumen 12-Inch Dual Nano LED Striplight Kit). Anyone tried this or have better alternative (other than gutting the hood and doing a complete refit). I have soft corals and a few Acan which are doing OK but I think a bit more light wouldn't hurt. (I hope). Apologies if this has been covered to death - I saw a few posts but no real answers. Cheers.

DESNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2015, 01:09 AM   #2770
TanksDad13
Registered Member

Seems like a broken record... I have a 28 gal JBJ PRO and the 14k daylights are LACKING if I'm being nice. I'm looking for some replacement strips, hopefully something plug and play, but I can solder the ends on to a new strip if one exists too... any suggestions? I have Modified my hood to house a few EcoXotic Stunner strips and that helps, just looking to put this thing over the top.

TanksDad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2015, 05:08 PM   #2771
ckranz
Registered Member

Getting my JBJ28 going again. Thinking of going rimless anyone doing this can it be done?

ckranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/08/2015, 11:14 AM   #2772
Gagonzalez
Reef Fanatic

I am running "Open Top" with an AI Hydra26 if that is what you mean. Been "Open Top" for about a year now? Fantastic Light!

Current Tank Info: JBJ 28g Nano / Aquamaxx HOB-1 / TLF 150 with GFO/ Vortech MP10QD / JBJ ATO / In-Tank Basket / AI Hydra26
Gagonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/08/2015, 03:40 PM   #2773
ckranz
Registered Member

Well I seen people take the trim off. I got a reef breeder so no top for sure.

ckranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2015, 01:54 AM   #2774
alexwbush
Registered Member

I'm downsizing from a 75g with sump to a 28g nanocube. I bought one off another reefer. It's a 28g intermediate, but looks like they were half way through trying to change the drivers out to be dimmable. I am debating between

1. Fixing the intermediate LEDs
OR
2. Affix a Radion up in the hood

I have drivers that would probably work (assuming the ones he had been using don't check out) and I have 2 Radions from my 75g. Thoughts?

alexwbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2015, 08:54 AM   #2775
XtremeFromHell
Registered Member

Any one have an automatic fish feeder on their 28g? Im curious how its set up and which one you have... looking to get one for mine

XtremeFromHell is offline   Reply With Quote