Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/02/2020, 08:33 AM   #1
Akrite
Registered Member

Mobius to ESL Rollback

I tried Mobius and want to revert back to ESL, I followed the Youtube video "Mobius to ESL Rollback" and it worked at removing my Vortechs from Mobius but now the Reeflink can not find had 2 MP40wQD to connect. I have also tried to soft reset and hard reset and it still can' see them.

How do i get the Reeflink to connect to my MP40wQD after removing them from the mobius app?

Mobius to ESL Rollback video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAlJqzo34M8

Akrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2020, 06:35 PM   #2
cubber
Registered Member

Did you try resetting your MP40 controller to default?

https://support.ecotechmarine.com/hc...ntroller-Reset

Once that is done go into ESL for your Reeflink and go to the Devices page. With your pump reset and plugged in click the "Add Devices Wirelessly" or something to that extent and wait until it finds it. You should have an "Unamed Device" in the left side list which you can click then click over on the "Add Here" link on the tank you want to add it too. Once it is in the list you should be able to rename it.

Make sure to click "Done" up top after you are done adding it to the tank to save the changes.

Hope this helps. Someone from Ecotech may have a better answer, this is just my best guess to give you something to try that should get you rollin' again.

I am with you, I still use my Reeflink for all my pumps and lights and don't want to get rid of it for a cell phone based platform! Call me and old fart but I like my desktop and browser based management vs using my phone for everything!

cubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2020, 11:55 AM   #3
Akrite
Registered Member

Problem Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
Did you try resetting your MP40 controller to default?
I tried this. This is what I was referring to when I said I had already tried to Soft and Hard reset per the manual you quoted from Ecotech Marine.

After contacting Ecotech Marine they advised me to add VorTechs back to the Mobius app and trying the downgrade again. I'm happy to update everyone that the problem is solved and it worked like a charm. The second time around I got a prompt to put my phone in Airplane mode (basically disabling the cellular connection) so there is less interference. This might be why it didn't work the first time. I waited months before trying again so maybe the app was updated in-between tries.

Akrite is offline   Reply With Quote