Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/02/2016, 01:49 PM   #1
haynesw
Registered Member

Turbo's Aquatics Fan Page

I've seen fan pages on RC for a number of pieces of equipment/reef equipment companies. I decided to start one for one of my favorite reef equipment companies, Turbo's Aquatics. Bud has been making high quality algae scrubbers for quite awhile. I'm in the middle of a new build and decided to order a "Rev3 L4" from him for my new system. I used the same scrubber on a previous build and it did a great job for nutrient control. It was also very convenient to operate and maintain. I think anyone that has dealt with Bud will agree that he absolutely provides the best customer service and product support possible.

My L4 arrived by FedEx this morning. Build quality is excellent. The conceptual design of the scrubber is also excellent. The design solves all of the issues that came up while I was planning a DIY scrubber. DIY scrubbers are great and I like DIY in general, but I wouldn't have been able to build a scrubber of this quality and with as many convenience and function features.

I'll be installing the scrubber on my new system as soon as I get a chance and I'll keep updates going on this thread.

I hope others will share their experiences with their Turbo's Aquatics scrubbers, especially the new Rev4 models that are rolling out right now.

A photo of the scrubber after unpacking:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unpacked Rev3 L4.jpg (72.5 KB, 19 views)
haynesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2016, 03:13 PM   #2
LowHangingFruit
Registered Member

I recieved the L2 a couple weeks ago and was also very impressed with everything.

Tags
algae scrubber, turbo's aquatics, turbos