Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/16/2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Jloebenberg
Registered Member

Question Frogspawn health and care

I got this frogspawn frag at reef o polooza about a week ago. The first couple days he was out and happy. Then I decided to love him to a slightly higher rock structure where I was planning on mounting him to. He didn’t seem to like it and retracted. I loved him back to the sand in my 40g tank. He’s barely opening now that’s he’s back in the sand. Any help our suggestions would be appreciated. This is my first Euphelia and can seem to get it dialed in. Here are my tank specs to help. Lights 2 Fluval marine reef 2.0 dimmable LEDs. Temp 76.8 pH 8 dKH 11, Ca2+ 520 go know rediculiusly high) phosphate .2 and nitrate at 0. I’ve used API and Red Sea to test parameters and refractometrr to test specific gravity to 1.020. Using Fluval sea pro formula salt. I know him having trouble getting my Ca and dKh down, but I think it’s the crappy salt I’m using.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9495B9B2-2097-4C86-A7B7-D4C691A28E74.jpg (73.3 KB, 54 views)
Jloebenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2018, 09:41 PM   #2
lilyost4290
Registered Member

Try to raise the salinity up to 1.025. Euphyllia are pretty hardy, and the alk and calc numbers don’t strike me as too far off. Good luck with it!

lilyost4290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2018, 06:06 PM   #3
Reef Bass
colors and textures

Check your magnesium as well. Alk, Ca and Mag are the big three to keep an eye on if you're keeping stony corals.

Former president and co-president of the Wine Country Reefers.

Current Tank Info: 60 gallons of Scleractinia and Zoanthidae lit w/ LEDs
Reef Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2018, 06:50 PM   #4
reefer1970
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyost4290 View Post
Try to raise the salinity up to 1.025. Euphyllia are pretty hardy, and the alk and calc numbers don’t strike me as too far off. Good luck with it!

Plus one on salinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefer1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2018, 06:51 PM   #5
idcgfy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jloebenberg View Post
I got this frogspawn frag at reef o polooza about a week ago. The first couple days he was out and happy. Then I decided to love him to a slightly higher rock structure where I was planning on mounting him to. He didn’t seem to like it and retracted. I loved him back to the sand in my 40g tank. He’s barely opening now that’s he’s back in the sand. Any help our suggestions would be appreciated. This is my first Euphelia and can seem to get it dialed in. Here are my tank specs to help. Lights 2 Fluval marine reef 2.0 dimmable LEDs. Temp 76.8 pH 8 dKH 11, Ca2+ 520 go know rediculiusly high) phosphate .2 and nitrate at 0. I’ve used API and Red Sea to test parameters and refractometrr to test specific gravity to 1.020. Using Fluval sea pro formula salt. I know him having trouble getting my Ca and dKh down, but I think it’s the crappy salt I’m using.

Salinity is low. Bring it up to 1.025 or 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idcgfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2018, 07:13 PM   #6
Jloebenberg
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I’ll raise try raising the salinity.

Jloebenberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog spawn, frogspawn care, frogspawn help