Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/17/2020, 10:10 PM   #1
CTaylor
Registered Member

live aquaria selling not instock items

Hi
I ordered from LA 3 different fish. A CB, cleaner wrasse, and a molly (to clean algae). The told me a few days later it wont be shipped, one of the reasons was out of stock. The same time and into the next day all the 'items' were avail to order and ship. I called and they gave me a typical big company response. Due to reasons beyond their control the items can not be shipped out right now. The email to me refers to out of stock.

Anyone else experience this with them or another online aquarium source where they knowingly sell things that they can not deliver on ?

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2020, 12:28 PM   #2
jdemarco
Registered Member

I have placed and order and ran into out of stock after the fact a few times over the many years. It happens.....they can have a few in stock, they may have a few that start to become unhealthy, they can get a few orders, or just not be able to fulfill your order. My situation also happened when I ordered multiples of an anthias back then. I think that the customer should be told the order is NOT going to be shipped in its entirety and be given the choice to pit it all on hold. They don't get the fact that certain orders are contingent on the order being filled completely. In my case, it would have been very helpful to know in advance ....

jdemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2020, 12:43 PM   #3
CTaylor
Registered Member

all the items are now in stock and have been since I ordered. They didn't run out for ordering. I've also had it when time to ship the 'item' is not in stock (maybe died etc). This is not one of those situations. They are offering items for sale at this that they do not have in stock to sell.

Unread 09/18/2020, 03:36 PM   #4
jdemarco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
all the items are now in stock and have been since I ordered. They didn't run out for ordering. I've also had it when time to ship the 'item' is not in stock (maybe died etc). This is not one of those situations. They are offering items for sale at this that they do not have in stock to sell.
Ohhh my bad......now thats a different story for sure.
I will keep my eye out for that....if anyone else experiences the same, pls share

jdemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2020, 05:18 PM   #5
Corona007
Registered Member

Well, I would never buy livestock from them ever.
Ordered 2 clowns, wrasses, coral beauty.
Everything died in shipping except CB
What really concerned me was the size. The clowns, I would literally classify as fry. They were so small I thought the water bag was empty till I looked in one of the corner folds.
The wrasses was floating upside down and still alive, the CB looked closed to death and tried to See if they come around in my HT.
I filed a warranty claim and they did honor it but it’s not shown anywhere in my account.
They have to email you directions on how to apply it to a sale (I called) Just sounds fishy to me.
I will probably just get supplys if I ever get that email.

Corona007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2020, 02:20 PM   #6
djryan2000
Registered Member

live aquaria selling not instock items

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
Hi
I ordered from LA 3 different fish. A CB, cleaner wrasse, and a molly (to clean algae). The told me a few days later it wont be shipped, one of the reasons was out of stock. The same time and into the next day all the 'items' were avail to order and ship. I called and they gave me a typical big company response. Due to reasons beyond their control the items can not be shipped out right now. The email to me refers to out of stock.

Anyone else experience this with them or another online aquarium source where they knowingly sell things that they can not deliver on ?

They did something like this with me and sent the part of the order that was missing a week or so later. Distributors are suffering due to Covid and and I’m sure they’re seeing an usually large volume of orders due to people being home.

However, I didn’t order fish - I ordered a build your own CUC package. I don’t think it will make a huge difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djryan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2020, 05:30 PM   #7
CTaylor
Registered Member

I guess it's some supply line issue. I'll live lol . I am happy with them overall. Esp after a CB I got from LFS died 2 days after getting him. I had to make a case to get a 50% credit -- and only b/c i'm a good customer there. LA has from my experience decent if not better quality. the fish have often been small yes, I agree. I just got tiny like baby size mollies lol sold as 'smalls' for instance. I'll probably call them on that tomorrow.
That came wit the late pkg incl the CB. The cb is perfect except ugh for the cloudy eye. I really can't win. I called LA immediately i'm sure I'll be taken care of I have never ever had a problem when it's come to things like that. That's after 55 orders lol. It is hard to say too much bad when a place stands behing their 2 week stay alive guarantee and IME has gone beyond that when needed.

Edit: Though I'm sure they will do their best to take care of this situation I'm not happy that it looks liek they sent me fish without checking them. I dont see how the CB had totally clear eyes before being boxed up. And sending baby mollies advertised as large, really shows they are not checking anything. They needed to treat the CB while they had it and not send it to me.

Last edited by CTaylor; 09/22/2020 at 07:50 PM.