Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/17/2017, 07:57 PM   #1
bcb577
Registered Member

mouth on mini/maxi showing.

Hi all,about 4 days ago I bought my first nem.since ive had him im able to view his mouth constantly.i didnt know if this is normal and I just read another post saying the same thing,other than his mouth showing his color is very good and I fed him shrimp yesterday and al seems ok,i just completed a 20% water change so I guess ill test peramitors, any help would be great!

bcb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2017, 09:57 AM   #2
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Hi there.
Since you've fed it, it might just be spitting out leftovers, it can make them appear to smirk strangely. They spend much energy moving around their stuff when eating, so waiting until it is settled before feeding it, helps it to not have too much stuff on its "mind" at once.
What kinda nem did you get?

Small Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2017, 09:58 AM   #3
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Hi there.
Since you've fed it, it might just be spitting out leftovers, it can make them appear to smirk strangely. They spend much energy moving around their stuff when eating, so waiting until it is settled before feeding it, helps it to not have too much stuff on its "mind" at once.

Unread 09/18/2017, 10:00 AM   #4
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Sry for double posting the reply there, it does not appear I can delete it again so please ignore it

Unread 09/18/2017, 10:05 AM   #5
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Oh it's a mini/maxi you said, well, four days is not much for it to settle, it needs time to adjust its body-structure to all the new flows and impressions in your tank.
It might just be showing its mouth more than you expected it to, because it is both adjusting and dealing with food and such.

Try to observe without getting worried if your waters tests are all good, because they do need a few days before they "relax".

Think of it like a living time clock, it will want to look at where your tank has flow and light for a few days, then it knows how to place itself.

Hope it all works good for your new mini/maxi, nems are really wonderful creatures.

Unread 09/18/2017, 06:21 PM   #6
bcb577
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Heavens View Post
Hi there.
I got a mini/maxi carpet. Anemone

bcb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2017, 09:47 PM   #7
humphreyhh
Registered Member

Hi again! Maxi mini is very hardy anemone. Give it some days to settle down. Do you have pictures?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is offline   Reply With Quote