Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/19/2017, 06:33 PM   #26
Blizzard 123
Registered Member

I also saw a supplier on eBay who sells it specifically for fish so might also consider that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blizzard 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2017, 10:23 PM   #27
gablami
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard 123 View Post
Sorry to hijack but I have one quick question where/how did you get chloroquine phosphate

Neptune's has it, as of a couple weeks ago.

gablami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2017, 07:46 AM   #28
Blizzard 123
Registered Member

Yeah I saw that too

Blizzard 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2017, 12:14 PM   #29
mpderksen
Registered Member

Everyone looks good so far. The smallest of the 3 yellows is a bit pushy on the other 2. The PB is picking at the Sea Veggie clip. I bought green, red and purple, in case it was finicky.
They came in at 1.019, so I have my QT at 1.020. TTM #1 will be 1.021 etc. I have it mixing in a totally separate barrel and using just IO salt. No reason to use Reef Crystals for this.
First transfer will be Tuesday night if I'm home from San Francisco at a reasonable time. If not, it will be Wednesday. Then the 72 hour timer starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mpderksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 07:00 AM   #30
Heuristic
Registered Member

I'm in the middle of a TTM, I only have an airstone in there. No heater, no powerhead. The tank is sitting at around 73*, which is a little on the cold side but everyone seems fine

Heuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 10:42 AM   #31
chitown tom
Registered Member

I successfully completed TTM with a blue hippo and a powder blue in a 20 gallon long. My only advice is to setup 2 nori stations and multiple PVC elbows to hide.

At first I had only one nori station and the aggression was too much. As soon as each had its own feeding station they both settled down.

chitown tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 03:06 PM   #32
mpderksen
Registered Member

The biggest issue, currently, is that the smallest of the 3 yellow tangs is pushing the largest one into the corner. As soon as it ventures out, the little one pushes him back in. Hopefully, tomorrow night, when they all go to the 40 gallon, it will reset the territories.

Unread 08/26/2017, 11:20 AM   #33
mpderksen
Registered Member

Tang QT

Update: 3 days in the 40 gallon, but only half full. All 4 eating PE mysis like crazy. Last night, at 10:00pm was exactly 72 hours. Back into the sterilized 20. 1 tsp of Prazi. No sign of aggression or stress. The 3 yellows are sticking together.
This round the SG is 1.023. I'm going up 0.001 each transfer, but not topping off, so the tank creeps up about half that before I get to it.
Excited to get these guys in the DT, and ready to stop lugging buckets every 3 days.

Unread 08/29/2017, 09:34 PM   #34
mpderksen
Registered Member

Tang QT

And here we are again. Last night, at the 72 hour mark, my new friends went back into the half-full 40 @1.024 SG, and I'm bleaching the 20. They all ate in spite of the Prazi. 1tsp in 20gal, right? Thursday will be transfer #4 and the second round of a Prazi. Not seeing any aggression. I have carbon and a bunch of cycled Marine Pure balls ready for the final stage of observation.
BTW, I'm feeding Nori on day 2 of each transfer, and a big dose of mysis on day 3 since I'm not worried about ammonia on the last day.

Unread 09/03/2017, 02:29 PM   #35
mpderksen
Registered Member

And......we're done. Transferred to the final tank. 2 rounds of Prazi, & 5 transfers. Used a full bucket of salt, a 6-pack of airstones (through one away at each transfer), and a gallon of bleach.
All 4 are eating and active, but no aggression. I have some cycled Marine Pure balls in the HOB and a bag of carbon. So what now? Watch them for a week, then add to the DT after lights out?

Unread 09/04/2017, 02:55 AM   #36
hull stingray
Registered Member

Was talking to my local store and he said just because you quarantine does mean you will never get itch as the fish carry it just like we can catch cold when your stressed or ill ?

hull stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2017, 06:57 AM   #37
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hull stingray View Post
Was talking to my local store and he said just because you quarantine does mean you will never get itch as the fish carry it just like we can catch cold when your stressed or ill ?
Right. QT will not cure, eliminate or in any way get rid of Ick. But TTM will as the life cycle is interrupted.

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2017, 12:34 PM   #38
Heuristic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgar View Post
Right. QT will not cure, eliminate or in any way get rid of Ick. But TTM will as the life cycle is interrupted.
This.

The parasite can't remain hidden in the gills forever, it must complete it's life cycle and because you are then essentially removing the fish before it can get re-infected TTM is a 100% effective way to remove ich(if done correctly)

Unread 09/25/2017, 08:16 PM   #39
mpderksen
Registered Member

All 4 tangs have successfully transferred to the DT. No fighting at all for the last few weeks. No sign of stress or disease. The PB is a great addition and the 3 yellows add a ton of color. Finally done with livestock.

Unread 09/29/2017, 10:02 AM   #40
Heuristic
Registered Member

Awesome! Congrats. Hope they stay healthy