Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/06/2013, 03:31 PM   #1
TerenceF
Registered Member

Exclamation Announcing the Neptune Systems Community Forum

One of the things I have believed for a long time, especially in technology, is that a key way to help decide on a product purchase is to go out and see what kind of a community exists around that product. The reason for this is that a community is important for you to get the most out of your purchase. It's there to help you out in a bind, give you tips and tricks, or let you reach out and have the satisfaction of mentoring a new user after you yourself become the expert.

Neptune Systems has always had a great community. It has lived both online at various forums as well within aquarium clubs across the country. Our customers are engaged and they are the best!

So, given our growth as a company, we felt that we should ring in the new year with an Official Neptune Systems Community!

Of course it won't be filled with all sorts of goodness from the start (thats your job), and I am sure we will have growing pains, but I am very excited to see this come to reality for us, and more importantly for you, our customers.

In the past, we have refrained from providing any company-driven support on third party web sites. We had our reasons. But now, in our own community, you can expect to get feedback and help from the Neptune Systems support team as well as hear great news announcements from yours truly. This will be your one stop Neptune Systems hangout!

Now I would like to introduce and recognize a couple of individuals who you have most likely seen around these forums helping people, day in and day out. These guys do not work for Neptune Systems. However, in the spirit of community they simply have, for free, given their time over the years to help all of you out. Now they will continue helping us all as they will be the first two moderators of this forum.

Russ Michel (RussM)
Alan Jones (aquamanic)

Thank you guys for helping make this happen!

Now go enjoy the Community Forums!

http://forum.neptunesystems.com

Unread 01/06/2013, 07:43 PM   #2
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

**BUMP**

All Neptune users - please post your threads over at the new forum. That's where all the cool people are hanging out these days!

http://forum.neptunesystems.com

Unread 01/07/2013, 08:11 AM   #3
JustinFromAL
Registered Member

Great news, glad to hear this! the RC forums are so slow/error prone. It will be nice to have a more robust/easily searchable Neptune specific forum!

JustinFromAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2013, 11:51 AM   #4
woodnaquanut
Registered Member

Bump and +1 to JustinFromAL's comments!

Since I'm very cool ( ), I'm on my way...

woodnaquanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2013, 07:22 PM   #5
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

**Bump**

Unread 01/07/2013, 09:28 PM   #6
schatzi
Professional amateur

VERY happy about this!! RC is just too slow, it's almost not worth the effort anymore.

Unread 01/08/2013, 05:30 PM   #7
TerenceF
Registered Member

Wow, two days and we already have well over a hundred users, and we have had as many as 169 visitors on the community forum simultaneously!

Come on over guys and have a look. There are a bunch of threads posted already on the site (with lots of answers) and its starting to really take off. Very exciting!

http://forum.neptunesystems.com See you there!

Unread 01/10/2013, 11:11 PM   #8
slowsoaks
Registered Member

I have been unable to post a reply all day. Is there a issue or am I doing something wrong? I get the reply box but am unable to type anything.
Mike

slowsoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/10/2013, 11:12 PM   #9
slowsoaks
Registered Member

I have been unable to post a reply all day. Is there a issue or am I doing something wrong? I get the reply box but am unable to type anything.
Mike

slowsoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/10/2013, 11:20 PM   #10
TerenceF
Registered Member

Growing pains. We are over double our expected participation at this point. Given the your double post, it looks like we are not the only forum with issues

Hang in there we will have it all worked out in short order.

Unread 01/21/2013, 12:51 PM   #11
TerenceF
Registered Member

Our Community is growing like crazy. In just two weeks we have over 1300 posts and nearly 300 registered members. All of our growing pains are worked out and the forum is super fast and it is easy to find things due to the multiple forums. Go give it a look, chances are you will start hanging out there a lot for your Apex information!

Unread 02/25/2013, 08:15 PM   #12
jordancemery65
Registered Member

Does anyone know if there is a section in the new forum to sell used neptune items, or buy neptune items?

all controlled with Neptune Apex Aquacontroller.
jordancemery65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2013, 10:49 AM   #13
kurt_n
Registered Member

No buy/sell category that I can see. But maybe you have to be a member for 672 days and have 19,623 meaningful posts before you can see it.

[Actually... I don't mind RCs requirements for seeing the classifieds here. If it was my sandbox, that category wouldn't even exist!]

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2013, 11:21 AM   #14
RussM
Registered Member

I encourage everyone to use the new forum http://forum.neptunesystems.com, for many reasons. Among the most significant:
  • Instead of having everything all in one level like here on RC, the new forum is categorized by topic, making it easier to find the info you are looking for. Example: Programming for Lighting, Networking and Internet Access, Updating Firmware
  • Many of the expert users who used to regularly help others here on RC have moved to the new forum.

By all means, continue to use RC for all of your general reefkeeping forum usage, but you'd be better to use the Neptune Community Forum for Neptune-specific help and info.

RussM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2013, 05:08 PM   #15
fscotth1
Registered Member

I registered at Neptune and still can't post threads...is there a time limit before getting permission?

fscotth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2013, 06:49 PM   #16
sail33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsoaks View Post
Mike
from the Neptune forum

You will receive an email in your inbox. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can post on these forums. Until you do that, you will be told that you do not have permission to post.

sail33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2016, 01:06 PM   #17
Rue28
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33 View Post
from the Neptune forum

You will receive an email in your inbox. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can post on these forums. Until you do that, you will be told that you do not have permission to post.
This doesn't work.... like the new controllers!

I received the new controller that was dead on arrival.... trying to get customer support is a nightmare.
1) tried Trouble ticket... at best a daily email back with minimal information asking more questions than giving answers.
2) Phone call to support... voicemail.
3) Online chat.... no agents available... please submit a trouble ticket.
4) Registered online for forum... tried that but don't have permission to post...

Horrible customer support and launching a new product without any online documentation.... Neptune systems = fail.

Rue28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2016, 01:09 PM   #18
TerenceF
Registered Member

In your back and forth did you ever ask to speak to someone? Did you leave a VM so someone could call you back? Chat agents are available during business hours. The forum allows you access once you confirm email. PM me your ticket and I will research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 08/16/2016, 01:36 PM   #19
TerenceF
Registered Member

Oh, also did you find www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk