Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/17/2018, 09:39 PM   #1
mav.23
Registered Member

Overstocking my Tank

Hey! So I've had an invert tank for a couple months now in a 3 gal with a pom pom crab, a few snails and gsp and zoas, and 2 Cortez blue leg hermits, but I want to upgrade to a 10 gal. I already have the tank cycled. Right now it is a holding tank for my brittle star after my new wrasse ripped it's legs up. (I know they can be an issue, but I've been spot feeding twice a day and it hasn't been an issue with other small things.) I have everything needed, except there are a bunch of new invertebrates I want to add, plus a yellow clown goby. I want a lettuce slug, sand sifter star (I have a deep sand bed left over from when I used the tank as a temporary holding tank for my wrasse), an emerald crab ( I know they can be iffy, but so far the ones I've had in the past have done well), another margarita snail, a feather duster, another pom pom, a cleaner shrimp (can't decide between peppermint and skunk, and I know both can have issues when it comes to corals but I'm going to take a chance), two sexy shrimp, and I think that's all unless I forgot something. I know it's a lot, but since MOST invertebrates clean and don't poop a whole bunch, I figured it probably would be okay to add this many in an established tank as long as I spot feed, do water changes, and keep up on maintenance. From what I've heard, none of these are particularly aggressive species, so I don't think they would fight, but if it's an issue, I'll cut my list.

SIDE NOTE

If anyone knows where to get/has bryopsis algae, I'd love to get some or grow some somehow.

Thank ya!

mav.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2018, 08:13 AM   #2
mav.23
Registered Member

Ok never mind. I had all my inverts in the acclimated to the ten gallon tonight, but my little pom pom crab died. I don't know why she died :/ But yeah I don't know if I will get one or two so that may change.

Unread 10/20/2018, 08:13 AM   #3
mav.23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav.23 View Post
Ok never mind. I had all my inverts in the acclimated to the ten gallon tonight, but my little pom pom crab died. I don't know why she died :/ But yeah I don't know if I will get one or two so that may change.
*acclimation bucket

Unread 10/29/2018, 08:16 PM   #4
mav.23
Registered Member

ok well if anyone's reading this, this is just going to be a nano journal type thing. I ordered two lettuce nudis, a pink and white dwarf feather duster, I got two pom pom crabs, a peppermint shrimp, a yellow clown goby and that it all right now. Later I'm planning on adding a sand shifting starfish, some more snails, anemones and corals. Unfortunately, I got an acroporia and tube anemone outbreak, but my two hermit crabs are eating the smaller ones, even though they're spreading too rapidly for just the two hermits. I read that peppermints sometimes will eat them, so here's hoping. I'm going to cover my filter intake with sponge tomorrow before the order comes in, and I just finished cleaning evaporated salt from the rim and doing a partial water change. Parameters are looking good, and hopefully everything will go smoothly

Unread 10/29/2018, 08:55 PM   #5
murphreef
Registered Member

Do you have any pictures to share?

sounds like a fun lil tank!

Current Tank Info: 25G cube (finally back in the hobby in a small way)
murphreef is offline   Reply With Quote