Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/12/2016, 10:27 AM   #51
Babydaull
Registered Member

movement

Sure enough this anemone is moving everywhere. when I first put it in the tank, it was on the left side in front of the rock work. (around 4:00pm)
This picture was taken at 10:00pm last night and it moved to the upper right in front of my powerhead.

Babydaull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2016, 10:31 AM   #52
Babydaull
Registered Member

More movement

This picture was taken at 10:00am this morning, once again you can see the green bubble anemone moved all the way across the tank to the left side. I hope this anemone finds a home soon because I heard it will sting my coral and I would not like that. As much as I want the anemone to stop moving I do not like the placement of the anemone for viewing haha.

Unread 06/12/2016, 10:41 AM   #53
GaG8tor
Registered Member

Very nice. Keep up the good work and just be patient.

GaG8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2016, 12:10 PM   #54
ken1977
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydaull View Post

This picture was taken at 10:00am this morning, once again you can see the green bubble anemone moved all the way across the tank to the left side. I hope this anemone finds a home soon because I heard it will sting my coral and I would not like that. As much as I want the anemone to stop moving I do not like the placement of the anemone for viewing haha.
Looks great! Keep us updated

ken1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2016, 01:21 PM   #55
Babydaull
Registered Member

Future

still thinking about getting a kenya tree and some type of hammer

Unread 06/12/2016, 11:35 PM   #56
Babydaull
Registered Member

Clown fish

I came home tonight to find my anemone looking like it is going to move again. Hopefully nothing bad happens while sleeping. one good thing that made me happy was I also came home to my clownfish swimming through my anemone and then it was also just chilling in it.

Unread 06/12/2016, 11:39 PM   #57
Babydaull
Registered Member

Water change help

So I am going to start 5 gallon water changes every other week starting tomorrow. I bought pre mix salt water from LFS and it has sat in a jug for 4 weeks now. with that being said, do I need to heat and circulate that 5 gallon before I put it in the tank?

Unread 06/13/2016, 09:25 AM   #58
Babydaull
Registered Member

Anemone

Woke up this morning to find that my green bubble anemone moved again It is now in the middle of my tank below my arch. I hope this thing splits soon because it is huge and kind of looks obnoxious in my tank.

Unread 06/13/2016, 09:27 AM   #59
Babydaull
Registered Member

Water change help

I had mentioned this last night, I know it is basically the same thing but instead of doing a five gallon change once every two weeks, I am going to do a 2.5 gallon water change every Monday. Ill post tonight to update how everything went.

Unread 06/13/2016, 08:12 PM   #60
ken1977
Registered Member

Quote:
So I am going to start 5 gallon water changes every other week starting tomorrow. I bought pre mix salt water from LFS and it has sat in a jug for 4 weeks now. with that being said, do I need to heat and circulate that 5 gallon before I put it in the tank?
I would do that the night before the WC just to be on safe side.

Unread 06/14/2016, 09:18 AM   #61
Babydaull
Registered Member

update

water change went ok haha, like I said I'm new to everything and the first thing I did was suck a bunch of sand into the siphon. it was a rough start. After I removed the 2.5 gallons I took the time to clean inside the glass a little bit. I took apart and replaced my carbon in my media reactor. After I was done with the change the water was murky but I woke up to a nice clean and clear tank this morning! I think I will be buying new filter socks soon they are pretty dirty.

Unread 06/15/2016, 01:25 AM   #62
Babydaull
Registered Member

fish death

Well I walked into my room tonight at 2:30am and found my clownfish laying on my carpet, by the time I got to my clownfish it was already shriveled and hard. This will be my first fish death. I am bummed out about the death. This clownfish was my first cool fish and I hand picked him out of a display tank so I am pretty bummed. I thought giving him a little memorial would be nice.
RIP bud, you will forever be my first cool fish.

Unread 06/15/2016, 01:28 AM   #63
ken1977
Registered Member

Quote:

Well I walked into my room tonight at 2:30am and found my clownfish laying on my carpet, by the time I got to my clownfish it was already shriveled and hard. This will be my first fish death. I am bummed out about the death. This clownfish was my first cool fish and I hand picked him out of a display tank so I am pretty bummed. I thought giving him a little memorial would be nice.
RIP bud, you will forever be my first cool fish.
Have you tested the water after the change? Maybe the salinity... Keep an eye on it and look for any changes of your coral and the anem.

Last edited by ken1977; 06/15/2016 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Added
Unread 06/15/2016, 06:05 PM   #64
seymour47
Registered Member

It may not look great, but I always think it's important to have a screen of some sort on top if you have fish.

seymour47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2016, 07:00 PM   #65
Babydaull
Registered Member

Water

Got a full test done by Petco today. All levels were great! My salinity was at 1.023 which I thought was weird. So the next time my water gets low I am going to top off with salt water instead of RO water.

Unread 06/15/2016, 07:07 PM   #66
Babydaull
Registered Member

Fish

I was pretty bummed last night about my first clown fish carpet surfing, then this morning I woke up to an email from LFS stating they just got in black clownfish. Sure enough I ended up at the store and picked one up to replace my first clownfish.

Unread 06/15/2016, 07:12 PM   #67
Babydaull
Registered Member

Coral

While I was at the LFS I couldn't resist this torch hammer! it is so cool.
Due to my bank account I wont be buying anything new for my tank soon.

Unread 06/15/2016, 09:37 PM   #68
ken1977
Registered Member

Quote:

While I was at the LFS I couldn't resist this torch hammer! it is so cool.
Due to my bank account I wont be buying anything new for my tank soon.
Nice fish and torch! Your tank is looking good!

Unread 06/17/2016, 05:55 PM   #69
Babydaull
Registered Member

Week five notes

Things have been going pretty smooth. I am almost scared that things are going too smooth haha. I finally love being able to go to the LFS and actually getting new stuff. As much as I want to buy new coral, I need to make some equipment upgrades to my tank. Currently I want to get the spinstream heads for my return pump. I am going to get the upgraded caddy's for the my tank for filtration. I also got a protein skimmer from my uncle that needs a new motor so I need to purchase that as well. Hopefully things continue to run smooth. Please keep up with questions and comments! thanks guys!

Unread 06/17/2016, 05:56 PM   #70
Babydaull
Registered Member

Coral

Today my torch hammer opened up the most I have seen it open. This is a great picture of it fully open and also featuring my cleaner shrimp.

Unread 06/19/2016, 10:56 AM   #71
Babydaull
Registered Member

2nd fish death

Well I was driving to Cleveland today with my father for Father's Day and my mom called me and my 2nd clown fish died. I look at it before I left and it was fine and 45 minutes later it was dead. I can only say so much because I'm wasn't there but my sister said there the fish was really pale and losing color. I'll post some pictures but I'm really confused on what happened. This has been really discouraging with two fish dying in a matter of one week. Please post your thoughts... trying to figure out what made him die.

Unread 06/19/2016, 04:01 PM   #72
ProZack199
Moved On

Nice Looking Tank

ProZack199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2016, 04:10 PM   #73
Babydaull
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZack199 View Post
Nice Looking Tank
Thanks!

Unread 06/19/2016, 04:20 PM   #74
Babydaull
Registered Member

help me out

Like I said earlier I had my 2nd fish death. My clownfish was acting lethargic and swimming very weirdly. along with this behavior he has color lose. As quick as it started it ended. Anyone know what might have happened? I went to Petco and got the full test. Everything checked out on spot.

Unread 06/19/2016, 04:41 PM   #75
joedodge
Registered Member

How's your water parameters?

joedodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 gallon, innovative marine, nano, nuvo fusion, reef tank