Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/19/2014, 01:33 PM   #1726
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

Ok bro thanks for all your imformation .

Nam Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2014, 02:01 PM   #1727
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

No problem. Keep in mind that at first on your 500g display the skimmer may not run great, just wait on it to mature and build up some dissolved organics in the tank and it will become a beast. And if you do decide to go any smaller at all then I'd switch over to the 250 instead. HTH!

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2014, 11:29 PM   #1728
apexifd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Jansen D View Post
@loweryster..

maybe middle or end of the Year. Yet the moment we have any new developments at work :

> Red Dragon 3 Speedy Pumps, 50 and 80 Volt with new 10 Volt Port for connection to a Apex Controller...
> Red Dragon 3 Speedy Pumps, Modell 130 and 230 Watt ...
> 50 Watt RD5 metallic ( Made complet in Titanium Grade2 ) 12 Volt Propeller-and Skimmer Pump..
> 12 Volt DC-Pumps, with 100 and 150 Watt Power ...
> 10 Volt Entree and Webserver for RD3 Pumps ...
> Calzium stirrer and Calzium-Reaktor ...
> Bio-Tower for the Dreambox Filters

Zeoreactor coming, or i can not say ,when....

best regards to USA ... Klaus
can't wait for the calcium reactor, any pictures for it yet?

Unread 02/21/2014, 12:40 PM   #1729
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

@apexifd...

sorry, not yet, maybe in 2-3 months ?

What we have: ... new Picture of Bubble Kings, include RD3 Speedy Pumps in Dreamboxsumps....

The Sumps are aviable in USA. Please ask Premium-Aquatics....

best regards ... Klaus

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1796952_705553319464740_452806494_o.jpg (54.3 KB, 20 views)
Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2014, 03:50 PM   #1730
afishionado
Moved On

Greetings, Klaus ...

Proud owner of a BK SuperMarin 300 here, and wanted to congratulate you on setting up North American distribution center in Naples, FL recently ! It's a pleasure to soon have your company Stateside

I also want to thank and generate a round of applause for Jeremy, and Premium Aquatics, for his excellent customer service and diligence in bringing Royal Exclusiv/Bubble King to our market here in the U.S.A. !

Hopefully, this will lead to increased sales and more ReefKeepers adopting the incomparable quality and performance that is Royal Exclusiv/Bubble King ! Do you know when this new venture will begin production, and will Jeremy and Premium Aquatics still have sole N.A. distributorship aside from this ?

Congrats again, Klaus, on a monumental step towards making Royal Exclusiv/Bubble King a major player in the North American market ! I know this will only lead to the production of even higher quality and more innovative products

afishionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2014, 01:35 PM   #1731
billyboy69
Registered Member

Laguna MAX-FLO 1350 will it work??

my LFS only has the MAX-FLO 1350. is that all i need to replace the broken down Red-dragon pump?

Current Tank Info: 180g 3 250 watt MH 14k,10k , 20k two VHOS blue LEDs 40g sump
billyboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2014, 07:50 PM   #1732
TheReefKeeper
Aquaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Jansen D View Post
@apexifd...

sorry, not yet, maybe in 2-3 months ?

What we have: ... new Picture of Bubble Kings, include RD3 Speedy Pumps in Dreamboxsumps....

The Sumps are aviable in USA. Please ask Premium-Aquatics....

best regards ... Klaus

Got pricing for these yet?
I already have a speedy pump and a Double cone 150
I also will need this flipped around return pump on the left overflow on the right is this possible to get flipped and built for my existing equipment?
Very serious inquiry

TheReefKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2014, 12:13 PM   #1733
viggen
Registered Member

With these skimmers being more popular here in the states.... any chance of updating the skimmer specs to list US rating and not just metric stuff?

Maybe call me lazy..... but thats the biggest reason I haven't considered one of these skimmers due to not knowing what can fit

Unread 02/26/2014, 12:06 AM   #1734
AcroporAddict
There is no substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen View Post
With these skimmers being more popular here in the states.... any chance of updating the skimmer specs to list US rating and not just metric stuff?

Maybe call me lazy..... but thats the biggest reason I haven't considered one of these skimmers due to not knowing what can fit
Online converters can do that for you very quickly. I would never let the metric system keep me from buying a BK Skimmer. A liter is just 5-6% more than a quart in volume. Divide liters by 4 and you will get very close to what the gallon rating is.

AcroporAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2014, 04:37 AM   #1735
azjohnny
Registered Member

here's one I use
http://www.metric-conversions.org/

azjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2014, 09:03 AM   #1736
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReefKeeper View Post
Got pricing for these yet?
I already have a speedy pump and a Double cone 150
I also will need this flipped around return pump on the left overflow on the right is this possible to get flipped and built for my existing equipment?
Very serious inquiry

Yes, shoot me an email to jeremy@premiumaquatics.com for the one you're after and I'll get you some pricing.

Unread 02/26/2014, 09:04 AM   #1737
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen View Post

Personally, the metric system makes a thousand times more sense to me, however I know it's difficult using it in the US when everything else is in standard.

I'll start getting everything translated over to standard here soon.

Unread 02/26/2014, 11:24 AM   #1738
viggen
Registered Member

I do not think all the specs need to be translated.... but having at least the footprint in US specs would be so much easier so we can quickly see if it fits where we need it. Having the height would also be nice to know even though these are usually on the short side so usually not a issue

I know the room I have in inches for going with a internal or external skimmer...... yea I know there are websites for doing this conversion but I doubt I am the only one who gets frustrated not seeing and US specs on these skimmers.....

I do agree though, metric is so much easier. Remember back in the 80's when there was a push to convert the states to metric numbers. Always got a good laugh out of a sign the government put up on interstate 75 just soth of Dayton Ohio. I forget the exact words but it stated for the next 25 miles we will be using Kilometers.....

Unread 02/28/2014, 03:44 AM   #1739
palamo123
Registered Member

I just got the BK min 160 new version.
Its all in place in the sump....... It is however humming!! Just humming, no rattle.
Is this normal? can I expect it will go away in a while after the break in?

palamo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2014, 11:09 AM   #1740
billyboy69
Registered Member

you'd be surprised how manny of us Canadians don't like to use Metric . I can only think in feet, inches , miles

Current Tank Info: 180g 3 250 watt MH 14k,10k , 20k two VHOS blue LEDs 40g sump
billyboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2014, 03:52 AM   #1741
kipper31
Registered Member

Just a update on how my BK 200 Deluxe is going.All I can say this things a beast.The gunk it pull is black,smelly and thick.Took a while to tune it in but now it's running great.Ive only used lesser quality skimmers in the past but I can see the results in a top end product.

kipper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2014, 08:17 PM   #1742
zombot
Registered Member

What would you suggest for a 140 gallon with a 35/40 gallon sump? Medium to heavy bioload. I was looking at the double cone 180

zombot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2014, 09:19 AM   #1743
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palamo123 View Post
I just got the BK min 160 new version.
Its all in place in the sump....... It is however humming!! Just humming, no rattle.
Is this normal? can I expect it will go away in a while after the break in?

It should not be humming, but what I call humming and what you call humming could be two totally different things. If you have your stand doors open and your face is right in front of the skimmer you should be able to tell it's running by a slight hum. I can guarantee that once your stand doors are shut, or you kick on other equipment on your system you should NOT hear the skimmer at all. The RD1 pumps do have a very slight / faint hum to them, the new RD3 pumps are dead silent, period.

Unread 03/03/2014, 09:21 AM   #1744
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
What would you suggest for a 140 gallon with a 35/40 gallon sump? Medium to heavy bioload. I was looking at the double cone 180
The Double Cone 180 would be spot on for this set up and kick some serious butt! I would not suggest going up to the 8" body Double Cone 200 or SUper Marin 200, as that will be too much body and neck for your display volume with that size sump. Make sure you get the RD3 powered Double Cone 180, not the standard RD1 powered skimmer.

Unread 03/13/2014, 06:47 PM   #1745
loweryster
Registered Member

Some eye candy.

http://www.andreas-horvath.ch/Blog-2..._20140312.html

Current Tank Info: Marineland 93G Cube, 2 x Vortech MP40W, Bubble King Double Cone 180 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump, Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy 50w DC Return Pump, ATI 24 x 8 PM Hybrid , Apex, GHL 3 head doser, Zeovit system, Arctica 1/10 HP
loweryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2014, 12:46 PM   #1746
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Oh my god..... this was a visitor from Switzerland

best regards ... Klaus

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2014, 10:20 PM   #1747
Confuse
Registered Member

Got my double cone last week! Here are some pics! It's a dream!!!

Confuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2014, 07:23 AM   #1748
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Looks fantastic, keep us posted on how it goes!

Unread 03/20/2014, 05:06 PM   #1749
loweryster
Registered Member

Looks great, I still have yet to install mine. What is the extra nozzle looking piece used for that was included with the pump. It was in it's own bag if I recall.

Current Tank Info: Marineland 93G Cube, 2 x Vortech MP40W, Bubble King Double Cone 180 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump, Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy 50w DC Return Pump, ATI 24 x 8 PM Hybrid , Apex, GHL 3 head doser, Zeovit system, Arctica 1/10 HP
loweryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2014, 12:48 PM   #1750
dahenley
Registered Member

i have a Gen II BK Mini 200 and i was cleaning it the other day and i knocked the body over….

there is a screw that holds the adjuster pipe support to the body. do you know what the screw looks like and what the thread pitch/diameter is of the screw. that way i can find one… or do you sell them?

240display, reef in progress

Current Tank Info: 240 display, a few frags here and there. lots of fish, and lots of watching. (230 big screen getting re-sealed and going to add to the gallonage) My wife has no clue how addicted i really am.....
dahenley is offline   Reply With Quote