Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/29/2014, 01:35 PM   #26
alexx2208
Registered Member

I have also had this problem with my Ai Sols/Hydras...... I purchased a Trachy and 3 Fungia corals that seemed happy for about a week, then randomly died, not sure if its because of the leds, but everything was in check at that point in time.

I have 2 Scolymias under them, and haven't had any problems, so I cannot tell if its the Ai's

alexx2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2019, 02:01 PM   #27
afm32607
Registered Member

I know this is an old post, but I am having a similar problem. I have a trachy that was big and fleshy for almost a year under an ATI Hybrid T5/LED fixture.

I then added in some fish (kole tang, coral beauty, pair of wrasse, couple clowns) from another tank that was being broken down. To compensate for the increased bioload I then started dosing NOPOx.

Shortly after the fish addition the trachy bleached. Nothing was picking on it. SPS are fine, euphylia are fine, zoas are mostly fine, goniopora are fine, duncan coral is fine

I moved the trachy to my coral QT tank (Radion Xr15 pro) and now it seems to have recolored and puffed back up in like two weeks. I'd like to move it back to the display tank.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts? Can it be the lights due to increase in clarity from the NOPOx? I moved it to a shady spot it seemed to do nothing, but I can find an even shadier spot. Par on the bottom is 200 to 250 ish.

I also have flatworms though they don't seem to bother anything, I've had them since set up and dip my corals.

afm32607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2019, 10:34 PM   #28
wildman926
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm32607 View Post
I know this is an old post, but I am having a similar problem. I have a trachy that was big and fleshy for almost a year under an ATI Hybrid T5/LED fixture.

I then added in some fish (kole tang, coral beauty, pair of wrasse, couple clowns) from another tank that was being broken down. To compensate for the increased bioload I then started dosing NOPOx.

Shortly after the fish addition the trachy bleached. Nothing was picking on it. SPS are fine, euphylia are fine, zoas are mostly fine, goniopora are fine, duncan coral is fine

I moved the trachy to my coral QT tank (Radion Xr15 pro) and now it seems to have recolored and puffed back up in like two weeks. I'd like to move it back to the display tank.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts? Can it be the lights due to increase in clarity from the NOPOx? I moved it to a shady spot it seemed to do nothing, but I can find an even shadier spot. Par on the bottom is 200 to 250 ish.

I also have flatworms though they don't seem to bother anything, I've had them since set up and dip my corals.
Did you test your phosphates/nitrates before dosing NOPOx? Corals need a tad, too much and you get hair algae. I would stop dosing NOPOx and let the tank do its thing.

The search function actually works quite well!!

Tanks:Planet Aquarium 150g LPS, Planet Aquarium 90g Softie
wildman926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2019, 08:41 AM   #29
afm32607
Registered Member

No, I typically do it by sight, I understand corals need some nitrates and phosphates, if SPS start losing color or i develop dino's I scale the dosing back, if algae starts spreading quickly I scale it up a bit (usually do adjustments on a monthly timescale if needed).

Its a heavily stocked tank based on size, and nothing else is having any issue.

afm32607 is offline   Reply With Quote